APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

• 1.  Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 08:31:00 AM
    When there is twp delphix engine 
    Engine 1- DB1
    Engine 2 - DB2

Apply same algorithm on DB1 and DB2 and check the first name and last name on DB1 and DB2 for same customer

Expected: It should be same 
    Actual: It is diff, Please let me know how it will be in sync what exactly ( Will delphix support cross engine RI ?)

#Masking

• 2.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 08:39:00 AM
    Hi Rajesh,
    We simplified this functionality in version 5.3.
    Check out the documentation here: https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Managing_Multiple_Engines_for_Masking/Working_with_Multiple_Masking_...
    You can synchronise across multiple engines.
    Regards,
    Gary

• 3.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 09:06:00 AM
    Hello Sir,

Thanks alot for sharing the link.
    I have gone through this link but i could not understand how to sync two engines ..! Could you please let me know the step step process.

2 engines have same applied algorithms and same Algorithms files. 
    Please let me know how to sync two independent Masking engine?

• 4.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 11:24:00 AM
    Anyone in this community can answer for above problem? 

• 5.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 02:11:00 PM
    If you drill further down the documentation Gary pointed you to you will find this page, which explains what you need to for your issue.

https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Managing_Multiple_Engines_for_Masking/Key_Management/

• 6.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 02:29:00 PM
    The documentation is not so clear.  You will need to use the API to export the key.  I'm checking to see if anyone can give a step-by-step guide to this and get the documentation improved with an example.
    Regards,
    Gary

• 7.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 06:09:00 PM
    Gary and Rajesh: Please see the following instruction to backup and sync keys from one masking engine to another.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BRryGOvMIZbWD9viMqVSS25n8X-vl5Cr

Also see Working with Multiple Masking Engines doc
    https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Managing_Multiple_Engines_for_Masking/Working_with_Multiple_Masking_...

Thanks Jack 

• 8.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 06:20:00 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BRryGOvMIZbWD9viMqVSS25n8X-vl5Cr

You need permission

In document it is not clear .For some of the algorithm we will not get the Sinature,BLOB and public key.
    How to sync maplets ?

Please let me know the step by step process

• 9.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 07:07:00 PM
    Hi Rajesh: Please use this link and see the Delphix Masking API section for references and examples.

https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/

Thanks Jack 

• 10.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 10-30-2018 07:30:00 PM
    I dont think so i have problem with using the delphix masking api ... Issue with masking engine while exporting the algorithm ..Let it be ..

Do you have any video in that it is clear mention that HOW TO SYNC TWO DELPHIX MASKING ENGINE ???

For some of the 
    algorithm we will not get the Signature,BLOB and public key In this case what we should do ?

• 11.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-31-2018 01:45:00 PM
    Hi Rajesh,
    What type of algorithm are you wishing to sync?  Some have their own key so you simply need to export and import the algorithm itself.  Others use a central key which can be exported.

I've tried this out using the api-client and after a bit of deep thinking (which is quite shallow relatively speaking) I managed to demonstrate this.  I haven't recorded it but here's what I did:

1. First I had two cloned engines which were identical so I took the FirstNameLookup algorithm and changed the key on that.
    click login, click on the example box and then update the credentials to your credentials.  Click Try It!
    Copy the authorization code
    Scroll to top of screeen and click on Authorize in top rh corner and then paste the authorization code into the appropriate box.  Click Try It! (or whatever the button is)

Now you're logged into the api-client.

2. Update the key on one of the engines (you don't need to do this step if your engines are already different)
    - click on algorithms, then click on PUT /algorithms/{algorithmName}/randomize-keyexport
    - enter the algorithm name - in my case FirstNameLookup
    - click Try It Out!

I then tested that the algorithm created different masked values

3. Get the details of the Algorithm You want to Export
    - click GET /syncable objects
    - click Try It Out!
    - copy the response body part that you need i.e.
    { "objectIdentifier": { "algorithmName": "FirstNameLookup" }, "objectType": "LOOKUP", "revisionHash": "59b56ea28e5a7f0e4c1aadfece4b6b8be0d0d631" }

4. Export Your Algorithm
    - click sync
    - click POST /export
    - paste the body part copied in previous step
    - add the square brackets top and bottom [ ... ]
    - click Try it out!

5. Copy the Algorithm
    - copy the response text and paste somewhere you can re-use

6. Import the Algorithm
    - you need to log into the client-api of the target machine
    - see step 1
    - click sync POST /import
    - paste the export details into the body
    - ensure force-overwrite is true
    - type in the environment integer (in my case 1)
    - type in the source environment id (I chose the integer 2 - I'm not sure what this value is; RTFM)
    - click Try it out!

You should now try out the algorithm and it should provide RI.

I may do a video if I get time.

Regards,
    Gary

• 12.  RE: Referential Integrity Not maintained in two delphix masking engine, Will it support?

Posted 11-02-2018 03:25:00 PM
    Hi Rajesh, did you get the answer you needed?
    Regards,
    Gary