APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

View Only
  • 1.  How to identify a Template and Container

Posted 10-04-2016 06:05:00 AM
    How to Identify whether Template or Container created on VDB through REST API Calls.
    Please share the appropriate API call. I will be having the VDB Name. I had to identify with the VDB name whether Template or Container created on the VDB via REST API calls.

• 2.  RE: How to identify a Template and Container
    Best Answer

Posted 10-04-2016 12:25:00 PM
    Hello Ramesh,
                          There is no way to identify template or container is created via rest api call or through GUI, as in any case end result is same.

• 3.  RE: How to identify a Template and Container

Posted 10-05-2016 10:58:00 AM
    Let me rephrase my question. I will not have access to Delphix GUI. I will have access via REST Interface. If a VDB is created. How to determine whether Template or Container created on the VDB. Which API call I need to make and pass the VDB to check template or Container exists.

• 4.  RE: How to identify a Template and Container

Posted 10-07-2016 05:30:00 PM
    Hello Ramesh,
                         If you are looking for a list instead of for a specific container then there are two parameters for the database list operation that can be used        "noJSDataSource": {
                    "description": "Restrict databases to those which are not part of a Jet Stream data layout (data " +
                        "template or data container). This option is mutually exclusive with the " +
                        "\"noJSContainerDataSource\" option.",
                    "type": "boolean"
                },
                "noJSContainerDataSource": {
                    "description": "Restrict databases to those which are not part of a Jet Stream data container. This " +
                        "option is mutually exclusive with the \"noJSDataSource\" option.",
                    "type": "boolean"
                };

Example API calls:

GET /resources/json/delphix/database?noJSDataSource=true
    #this will list the objects not part of jetStream

GET /resources/json/delphix/database?noJSContainerDataSource=true
    #this will list the containers not part of jetStream