Delphix Toolkits (dxToolkit and dxmToolkit)

View Only
  • 1.  Delphix/TIM SpA Activity - DXMC: Upgrade engine to 5.3.6.0

Posted 02-24-2020 06:06:00 AM
    Hello,

we upgraded one of our delphix engines from release 5.2.6.2 to 5.3.6.0. We are planning to test all the tools that we were
    using in the old release. I would like to know if the DXMC tool release that we installed is compatible with the 5.3.6.0 delphix engine release.
    The DXMC that we installed last year is dxmc-v051-me533-RH6.

Please let me know how I can proceed.

Best regards.

------------------------------
    Rafael Cappuccio
    Community Member
    Telecom Italia S.p.A.

• 2.  RE: Delphix/TIM SpA Activity - DXMC: Upgrade engine to 5.3.6.0

Posted 02-26-2020 06:40:00 AM
    Hi Rafael,

In my opinion, you have two options :

1/ upgrade the dxmc to the latest version, this will guarantee that you will have the latest bug fixes and features and also support for delphix versions

2/ check both release note for (fixed and known bugs) especially in masking and dxm-tool change log on github page

According to that information, you will have an idea about what has changed or what change you have to make to still get you dxm tool worikng without regression.

Kind Regards,

Mouhssine

Regards,

Mouhssine

Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member
    Delphix Community Members

• 3.  RE: Delphix/TIM SpA Activity - DXMC: Upgrade engine to 5.3.6.0

Posted 02-26-2020 07:46:00 AM
    Hello,

I have a version of DXMC done for us (TIM SPA) since we are using the folllowing O.S.:
    Linux hostname.TIM.local 2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Feb 1 12:14:02 EST 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

So I will need the latest version of dxmc that it will be available for my Linux O.S. I checked the release notes but I did not talk about dxmc
    tool since it is not deliver from delphix but from this community.

I will eventually try to follow your advice 1 (upgrade the dxmc to the latest version). Who should I ask about delivery of the latest dxmc version in order for me to install it at my site?

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Rafael Antonio  

Rafael Cappuccio
    Community Member
    Telecom Italia S.p.A.

• 4.  RE: Delphix/TIM SpA Activity - DXMC: Upgrade engine to 5.3.6.0

Posted 02-26-2020 08:01:00 AM
    Hi Rafael,

To be honest, as far as I know, DXMC is a public project, located on delphix's github developed and supported by internal delphix service team.

If this is a custom version you have to check with the contact you reached out to the first time to help you get an updated version.

Kind Regards,

Mouhssine

Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member

• 5.  RE: Delphix/TIM SpA Activity - DXMC: Upgrade engine to 5.3.6.0

Posted 02-26-2020 08:56:00 AM
    Hello Mouhssine,

Since it is a public project, you will not find any documentation in the delphix ralease notes or any other delphix doc.

Anyway I will reach out Marcin Przepiorowski or Tino Pironti in order to have a version compatible with our linux o.s. and 5.3.6.0 release.

Thanks a lot again.

Rafael Antonio

Rafael Cappuccio
    Community Member
    Telecom Italia S.p.A.

• 6.  RE: Delphix/TIM SpA Activity - DXMC: Upgrade engine to 5.3.6.0

Posted 02-26-2020 09:03:00 AM
    Hi Rafael,

Indeed you will not find any reference to any tool like dxmc or dxtoolkit in delphix's online documentation, because they are separate products from the main solution delphix is delivring (Virtualization + masking).

Dxmc and dxtoolkit are made by professional services to ease and help the customer in a matter of task automation and mask the complexity of API for end-users, in addition, to be supported and maintained solution by delphix itself.

Regards,

Mouhssine

Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member