Virtualization Plugins

View Only
  • 1.  Importing custom modules into plugin

Posted 05-19-2020 03:12:00 AM
    I have developed a plugin in which i created a logging module.
    and i want to know how i can import it into delphix engine.
    i am getting error while loading the plugin in the discovery phase.

WARNING: Discovery of "my_plugin" failed: A "AttributeError" was detected while running the plugin operation
    "Repository Discovery": 'module' object has no attribute 'debug' Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "__pyclasspath__/dlpx/virtualization/platform/_plugin$py.class", line 155, in _internal_repository
    File "./plugin_runner.py", line 41, in repository_discovery File "./plugin_runner.py", line 41, in repository_discovery

------------------------------
    Ravi Nistala
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: Importing custom modules into plugin

Posted 05-19-2020 11:44:00 AM
    Hi Ravi,

I guess we'd probably need to see the code in question to figure out exactly what's wrong. Do I understand correctly that you wrote your own logging module? Or do you mean that you want to use the logging module that we provide, but it is not working?

Here is the documentation we have for plugin logging:  https://developer.delphix.com/References/Logging    If you follow the examples in that doc, does that work for you?

Tom Walsh
    Software Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Importing custom modules into plugin

Posted 05-19-2020 07:43:00 PM

Hi Tom Thank you for the response. yes you are right . I wrote my my own logging module . but I don't know how to import it. So that is why I asked the question on how to import module .

But later I found the inbuilt logging and of course when changed to that I had no problem. But still I would like to know how to import a 3rd party module. I may need it in future while developing the plugin. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ravi.n

Ravi Nistala
    Community Member
    TDGlobal

• 4.  RE: Importing custom modules into plugin

Posted 05-20-2020 10:20:00 AM

Hi Ravi,

Do let us know the following documentation page helps:

https://developer.delphix.com/Best_Practices/Code_Sharing/