Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  SQL Server HA Environment / dSources

Posted 11-29-2018 12:21:00 PM
    Good Day ,

Scenario: I have a SQL Server AG setup  , replicated databases to Secondary Node and those database on Primary must be ingested into Delphix Engine. 

Quick One: Which IP / DNS Name must i register to Delphix Engine?
     AG Listener ?

Definitely Primary Node Server name wont be ideal .

#Virtualization

• 2.  RE: SQL Server HA Environment / dSources
    Best Answer

Posted 11-29-2018 01:12:00 PM
    Hello,

You can use databases on Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC) as data sources. Add the environment as described below, based on which WSFC feature the source databases use:

• Failover Cluster Instances
      Add the environment as a standalone source using the cluster name or address.
    • AlwaysOn Availability Groups
      Add the environment as a cluster source using the cluster name or address.

If using a Failover Cluster or AlwaysOn data source, the cluster configuration must also meet the following requirements:

• The fully qualified Cluster Name (part of the cluster's Core Resources) must be known to the DNS server used by the Delphix Engine
    • The validated sync environment must be able to resolve the Cluster Name using the Cluster IP address (perform a reverse DNS lookup)

More details here:
    https://docs.delphix.com/docs/delphix-administration/sql-server-environments-and-data-sources/managing-sql-server-environments/adding-a-sql-server-source-environment
    or
    https://docs.delphix.com/docs/quick-start-guides/quick-start-guide-for-sql-server-microsoft-sql-server-on-windows#QuickStartGuideforSQLServer(MicrosoftSQLServeronWindows)-SourceEnvironmentRequirements

• 3.  RE: SQL Server HA Environment / dSources

Posted 02-05-2019 12:32:00 PM
    Good Day ,

I only managed to add WSFC Cluster DNS Name , source and standalone and only non-AG databases are visible.

I assumed i can do WSFC IP Address / DNS Name , source and cluster. The system complains : Exception calling "GetHostEntry" with "1" argument(s): "No such host is known" .

I can ping my WSFC Ip address and do a nslookup.

Thanks...