Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Can I assign different masking algorithms to different columns in the same table?

Posted 05-31-2019 06:30:00 AM
    I need to assign to the same table different masking algorithms to different columns. Unfortunately I have to work with at least 2000 tables so it would be very time consuming doing manually by using the Masking UI. So I am trying to use the regex (column level), profiler and profiler job. Still it does not work. I can not run multiple profiler jobs with different masking algorithm to the table.

Would you please advise me on this issue?.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Rafael Antonio

#Masking

• 2.  RE: Can I assign different masking algorithms to different columns in the same table?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-31-2019 08:05:00 AM
    Hi Rafael, I can advice you two ways to achieve your need. 1/ use the masking api, you will need to do some dev. https://docs.delphix.com/docs52/delphix-masking/masking-api-cookbook/the-masking-api-client Or one simplest way 2/ export the inventory it will be provided as a csv file, once you get the csv update it’s content accordingly to set the algorithms to the right columns and import it back to the masking engine https://support.delphix.com/Delphix_Masking_Engine/Inventory_Import_and_Export_(KBA1815) Regards Mouhssine

• 3.  RE: Can I assign different masking algorithms to different columns in the same table?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-31-2019 11:08:00 AM
    Thanks a lot Mouhssine. Your hint is useful but still I have to edit manually the export inventory file to assign manually the masking algorithms. However, thanks to a very useful hint also of my Bizmatica Italian colleague Gianpiero Piccolo (member of this Delphix community). I am about to solve everything using the regex, profiler jobs and updating "the Method Id to USER" after in the Inventory every time. And then I can submit another profiler job and assign another masking algorithm to another column into the same table.

I can use your hint to set the Method Id to USER directly using the csv file format first.

I have done some tests and It works fine.

Once again thanks a lot for your response.

Best regards and Have a great day.

Rafael  Antonio

• 4.  RE: Can I assign different masking algorithms to different columns in the same table?

Posted 05-31-2019 11:56:00 AM
    Hi Rafael, You are welcome, the community is here for this prepose help and teach each others. Just be aware of the fact that is you tend to use data profiling for some or all columns instead of column one, you need to have at least no less that 100 values on your table to get the profiler working. This because of the sampling method it uses to classify the data. Regards, Mouhssine