Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 10:07:00 AM
    Hi
    We have a target server which hosts all our staging dbs that are used to provision VDBs from.

We want to migrate these staging dbs to a new staging environment...in the documentation it states that you can disable it and then click on the pencil in the gui on the card and update it to the new environment.

However, when I've disabled one of the source databases, I don't get the pencil appear..only for environment user, db user, pre and post script...is this a bug?  or am I doing something wrong?

• 2.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 11:19:00 AM
    The pencil should always be visible, but in a disabled (greyed out) state when the dSource is enabled. Please make sure you are looking at the Staging Environmentproperty on the right hand side of the panel, below the LogSyncswitch, and the not Environmentproperty (which refers to the environments which hosts your own database).

• 3.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 01:27:00 PM
    Hi
    I can see staging environment, but half of it is cut off on the card...so maybe there is a pencil there, but I can't get to it

• 4.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 01:28:00 PM
    Hi Mark,

Could you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    Here's one of mine as an example.

Thanks,

Scott.

• 5.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 01:30:00 PM

• 6.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 02:42:00 PM
    I've solved it by tabbing and guessing when I get to the staging environment and pressing SPACE.  is this solved in the latest build of the GUI?  maybe we should upgrade!

• 7.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 07-02-2015 02:57:00 PM
    Hi Mark,

It looks like this is fixed by a larger change to address generally drawing outside of the visible area, which was fixed in 4.2.2.0. From our records it looks like you are on 4.1.4.0, so an upgrade should fix this issue. FYI current release is 4.2.3.0, although the next one is also due out soon, depending when you would need to upgrade, but we normally only upgrade to the current release at the time of the upgrade.

- Scott.

• 8.  RE: Moving dSource from 1 target to another

Posted 05-04-2016 03:57:00 AM
    Hello,
    What is Staging environment in the dsource card mean?