Delphix Products

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

While I am trying to mask Unique identifier column using SM algo it is throwing error ?

• 1.  While I am trying to mask Unique identifier column using SM algo it is throwing error ?

Posted 04-01-2019 09:36:00 AM
    While I am trying to mask Unique identifier column  using SM algo it is throwing error as "Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier". I tried Casting,converting, prescript/postscripts but getting same error. Any suggestions please!

#Masking

• 2.  RE: While I am trying to mask Unique identifier column using SM algo it is throwing error ?

Posted 04-02-2019 04:52:00 AM
    Any suggestions on my query please! 

• 3.  RE: While I am trying to mask Unique identifier column using SM algo it is throwing error ?

Posted 04-02-2019 01:44:00 PM
    Hello Rajesh,
                      Which kind of SM algo is using? It will good to share a screenshot of the algorithm.

Please also share where you tried casting/conversion. It must be done at ruleset level.

Seems to be an issue when updating data with SM algorithm.

~Thanks
    Jatinder

• 4.  RE: While I am trying to mask Unique identifier column using SM algo it is throwing error ?

Posted 04-11-2019 07:24:00 PM
    This does look like a CAST issue, so it would be interesting to know which database type and what workarounds you've tried.

I've seen a similar issue on postgres where we needed a CAST from varchar to UUID resolved by adding a cast to the DB by executing this SQL on the DB:

create CAST (varchar AS uuid) WITH inout AS IMPLICIT;

If this is failing during the update step, adding a cast to the Ruleset won't help because the failure occurs when we try to update the value with a String and the DB can't cast that back to the identifier type.