Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  how to make segment mapping algorithm to mask the email id length is not fixed

Posted 03-22-2019 04:00:00 PM
    hello All

I would like to generate unique emails to avoid unique constyraint issue could you please tell how to make the segment mapping algorithm 
    because help given on the link is not properly described

Anyone have real example ?

#Masking

• 2.  RE: how to make segment mapping algorithm to mask the email id length is not fixed

Posted 03-22-2019 05:12:00 PM
    is anyone there who will replay to this ??

• 3.  RE: how to make segment mapping algorithm to mask the email id length is not fixed

Posted 03-22-2019 07:04:00 PM
    Hi Rajesh,
    If you need help immediately with an issue, I would encourage you to open a support ticket. That said, I will definitely see if there is someone from our masking team who can speak to this question. 
    You are looking to mask variable length email addresses, correct? Can you also provide the link you are referring to as being incorrect?

Thanks,
    Michael

• 4.  RE: how to make segment mapping algorithm to mask the email id length is not fixed

Posted 03-22-2019 07:30:00 PM
    Hi Rajesh,
    Have you taken a look at this article, sir?
    https://support.delphix.com/Delphix_Masking_Engine/Algorithm%3A_Segment_Mapping_(KBA1775)

Thanks,
    Michael

• 5.  RE: how to make segment mapping algorithm to mask the email id length is not fixed

Posted 03-22-2019 09:04:00 PM
    Hi Rajesh, if your requirement is simply to produce a unique value regardless of content you could craft a segmented mapping algorithm defining enough segments to cover maximum length of the input values.  If longest input value is 24 positions you could use 6 alpha numeric segments of 4 characters each and preserve the ".".  As long as the input is unique, the masked values will be unique.  Note that the maximum length of masked value for SM is 36 characters.  Please provide more detail on the requirement if this will not handle it.