Delphix Products

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

• 1.  What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-16-2016 07:37:00 PM
    What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)? Is there any formula we can use depending on the number of CPUs and memory a delphix engine has?

• 2.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-16-2016 08:26:00 PM
    Hi Indip,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your question. Your limitations on storage depend upon the storage available to you on your engine. In terms of limitations on objects, the number of objects on your Delphix Engine is limited to 400. This number includes both VDBs and dSources.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Srish

• 3.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 04:58:00 PM
    Storage limitations come from your Hypervisor. VMware, AWS, or KVM have different storage limits depending on the version and exact configuration.  There is no hard limit for storage in Delphix.  

• 4.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 05:00:00 PM
    While Delphix Engine allows you to create up to 400 objects, the exact number that you can run without performance problems depends on your workloads and the infrastructure provided to the Delphix Engine (Compute, Storage, Network, Memory).   Delphix Professional Services can assist you with determining that number for your workloads and infrastructure, and explain the method to you so you can do it on your own.

• 5.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 04-13-2020 11:55:00 AM
    This post is from 2016 so I want to confirm it is still correct.

Is there still a hard limit of 400 objects (dSources and VDBs)?   We are on Virtualization Engine 5.3.7. 

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Sandy Ford
    Sr. SQL Database Administrator I
    United Fire Group

• 6.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-13-2020 12:01:00 PM
    Hi Sandy,

Yes, that is the limit in Delphix 6.x as well.

There is an outstanding feature request to raise that limit but it has not been acted on yet.

Neal Stack
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 7.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 05:41:00 PM
    How can i get hold of delphix professional services?

• 8.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 05:54:00 PM
    infinite is a very complex variable while troubleshooting an issue where we need these variables to be either constant or following a formula makes it harder to diagnose it. Right now i am having hard time in resolving the sluggishness in delphix GUI which has only 90 objects.

• 9.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 07:36:00 PM
    You should contact your Sales Rep, if you have one, or you can email sales@delphix.com.

• 10.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 07:38:00 PM
    1)  Storage limits and object limits aren't the same.  There is no hard limit on storage, but there is a hard limit on objects.
    2)  You should not have sluggishness in the GUI with only 90 objects.  I'm sorry to hear that.  You should definitely log a ticket with Delphix Support, they can diagnose the issue.  If there's a flaw in the product, we'd appreciate the chance to put it under the microscope and fix it.  Are you able to file a ticket?

• 11.  RE: What is the limitation on storage and VDB number in delphix engine(Version 5)?

Posted 08-23-2016 07:39:00 PM
    Yup, already filed one.