Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI

Posted 08-18-2015 06:33:00 PM
    Is there a way to change snapSync policy from CLI.
    #Tip

• 2.  RE: Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI

Posted 08-18-2015 07:24:00 PM
    Absolutely. It is the Policy namespace. Go to http://<IP of Delphix Engine>/api and look at the Policy namespace.

• 3.  RE: Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI

Posted 08-18-2015 07:33:00 PM
    Hi Syed,

Yes, it is possible to change a SnapSync policy from the Delphix CLI interface. From the main interface, enter "policy" to navigate to the policy interface. From there, you can enter the command "select (policy name)" to view details regarding the SnapSync policy. You can modify policy details here. If you would like to modify the policy schedule, you can do so by performing the command "select scheduleList", then modifying the information in that interface.

I hope that's clear. Feel free to let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks,

Srish

• 4.  RE: Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI

Posted 08-18-2015 07:38:00 PM
    Oops. I misread your question as API. :)

• 5.  RE: Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI

Posted 08-18-2015 08:07:00 PM
    I don't want to update policy. I want dSource to use different policy for snapSync but I want to make this change using CLI instead of GUI. GUI has bug where it cuts policy display list.

• 6.  RE: Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI
    Best Answer

Posted 08-18-2015 09:05:00 PM
    Hi Syed,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. You can also change SnapSync policies from the policy interface in the CLI. Enter "policy" to enter the policy interface, then enter the command "select (policy)" to choose the policy you wish to apply.

From there, enter "apply". Enter the command "set target=(object you would like to change the policy of)". Use the "commit" command to finalize the policy change.

• 7.  RE: Change snapsync policy for dSource using CLI

Posted 08-19-2015 01:54:00 AM

Thanks. It works