Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  VDB Provision - access denied issue during mount

Posted 07-07-2020 05:26:00 AM
    Hi, 

I have ingested the source data as part of Unstructured file. Its the first time I'm trying to provision the VDB thru NFS mount to a target environment. 

Below is the debug log info:  

SH_DEBUG: mount.sh: mount_filesystem_always_privileged: dlpx_mount didn't work; errno 32
    SH_DEBUG: mount.sh: mount_filesystem_always_privileged: dlpx_mount [mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 10.10.1.11:/domain0/group-2/appdata_container-55/appdata_timeflow-56/datafile]

Both environments are in Linux. Also I manually executed the mount command and results in access denied issue.  Normally in Linux env, for providing access we go to the /etc/exports file and add the server mount path and the client IP.  

The delphix engine runs in 10.10.1.11. How do I assign the mount path 10.10.1.11:/domain0/group-2 to one my client IPs(xxxx) with (rw,sync,no_subtree_check) 
    OR Is there any other means to assign this access thru GUI ?

Note : I did search the community posts for a similar issue, but could not find anything addressing this issue.

------------------------------
    Muthiah M
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: VDB Provision - access denied issue during mount
    Best Answer

Posted 07-23-2020 08:42:00 PM
    Hello Muthiah-

Mount being denied by server can occur when the target host has multiple network interfaces that are able to route to the Delphix Appliance. When an Environment is configured, by default we only create NFS share to the IP address that was configured during initial Environment creation. As such, if the mount requests are received from another IP address the access denied event may be encountered.

We currently offer a feature to define additional IP addresses to be included in NFS shares.  The following documentation link discusses this in the context of Oracle RDBMS configuration, but in later 5.3.x and 6.x releases it should apply to Appdata shares as well.

https://docs.delphix.com/docs/datasets/oracle-environments-and-data-sources/managing-oracle-environments-and-hosts/environment-attributes-for-hosts-with-oracle

https://docs.delphix.com/docs/developer-s-guide/command-line-interface-guide/cli-cookbook-common-workflows-tasks-and-examples/cli-cookbook-hosts-and-environments/cli-cookbook-setting-multiple-addresses-for-a-target-host

If you update the NFS address list with the other IP addresses for network adapters on the target host that can route to the Delphix Engine, I would expect this behavior to be resolved. Certainly, if this is not the case, additional investigation may be required.

Sean Nothdurft
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: VDB Provision - access denied issue during mount

Posted 07-29-2020 11:12:00 PM
    Hi Sean, 

Thanks for the detailed response. It worked.   

I had missed to mention the other network adapters' IPs in the NFS address field while adding the Environment.  Also there were some issues with the NAT which got resolved. 

Muthiah M
    Community Member
    Sandhata