Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Link Timeflow and Branch using RestAPI

Posted 08-12-2019 01:33:00 PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to put together a script that gives a full chain of dependencies for a given snapshot in one command.  This is building on the dxapikit scripts.

I am very close to having a working script, where I have found that I am running into problems is when you have a TimeFlow that has no more snapshots assigned to it, but is being pinned by a Self-Service Branch.

Is there a way for me to tell what Self-Service Branch is dependent on a given TimeFlow?  I have done some poking around in the CLI and RestAPI, but there is nothing obvious jumping out at me.

Thanks
    Jim

------------------------------
    Jim Larsen
    Technical Architect
    Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company

• 2.  RE: Link Timeflow and Branch using RestAPI

Posted 08-15-2019 08:46:00 AM
    Is there no way to do this via the RestAPI?  

Also interested in if you can tell if a snapshot is tied to a bookmark, and the name of that bookmark.

Jim Larsen
    Technical Architect

• 3.  RE: Link Timeflow and Branch using RestAPI

Posted 08-15-2019 10:37:00 AM
    Hello Jim,

I assisted you a while back on the snapshot_details.sh script and see that you want to expand the functionality to get the full dependency chain even within Self-Service objects.

I'll will modify that script and respond back here with the respective API calls and logic to capture that data.  Give me about a week to get this done due to my other commitments, let me know if that timing is not acceptable.   Potentially, some else might respond earlier.

Regards,
    Alan 
    alan.bitterman@delphix.com

Alan Bitterman
    Principal Solutions Engineer
    Delphix

• 4.  RE: Link Timeflow and Branch using RestAPI

Posted 08-15-2019 02:58:00 PM
    I already have the script put together to capture the chain.  I can share it with you.

Was looking for something that would be more friendly to a self-service user so they can tie a snapshot/timeflow back to a branch or bookmark that they would be able to take action on.

Do you want to schedule a zoom session for me to demo the script I put together?

Jim Larsen
    Technical Architect