Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  AlwaysOn AG on Targets

Posted 01-08-2020 10:12:00 AM
    Hi,
    We would like to setup Always On Availability Groups on SQL Server Delphix targets.
    I found some docs (link below) which says it's not supported. It was in ca. 2017, is it still the same (not supported) in latest Delphix version?

Best regards,

Adding a SQL Server Failover Cluster Target Environment
    Delphix remove preview
    Adding a SQL Server Failover Cluster Target Environment
    This topic describes how to add a SQL Server Failover Cluster target environment to the Delphix Engine. Adding a Failover Cluster target environment will discover SQL Server Failover Cluster instances that are running. You can then provision VDBs to these Failover Cluster instances.
    View this on Delphix >

------------------------------
    Bartlomiej Ozga
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: AlwaysOn AG on Targets
    Best Answer

Posted 01-08-2020 10:27:00 AM
    Hello,

The documentation is accurate. We have the following feature request to add support for this:
    IDEA-811 - Support for Provisioning SQL Server VDBs to Availability Groups as Targets

Neal Stack
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: AlwaysOn AG on Targets

Posted 01-08-2020 10:35:00 AM
    If you'd like to garner community support for this need, please consider creating an Idea here and posting a link to your idea back to this thread. That way, others who look for this functionality can also express their need and vote for the idea.

Michael Torok
    Director of Knowledge and Community Management
    Delphix

• 4.  RE: AlwaysOn AG on Targets

Posted 01-09-2020 04:10:00 AM
    Thanks for switt response!
    I see there are few tickets already created for this idea, do I need to create another one regarding this topic? I can support current ones.

Btw. when I browsed ideas section I cannot find and see the idea number... ie. how to jump to IDEA-811?

Bartlomiej Ozga
    Delphix Community Members

• 5.  RE: AlwaysOn AG on Targets

Posted 01-09-2020 07:55:00 AM
    Hello,

IDEA-811 is a feature request logged internally. We log bugs or feature requests for customers who raise support tickets with it. I've associated your company with it.

I'm not familiar with the page that Michael referenced. It may be a way for customers (or potential customers) to request a feature without logging a ticket. It is possible our Product Managers utilize this page. I think Michael may be be able to tell us more about it when he comes online later.

Neal Stack
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 6.  RE: AlwaysOn AG on Targets

Posted 01-09-2020 08:13:00 AM
    Edited by Michael Torok 01-09-2020 08:16:35 AM
    Hi Bartlomiej,
    As Neal mentioned, the ideation portion of our community site is a place where customers and partners can make their voices heard publicly and others in the community are able to support requests using the "thumbs up" icon to vote for an idea. Our product team is deeply engaged in that and many sections of the community. I would encourage you to create an idea there so that others can voice their support for the need you are expressing.
    If you see one there already that I've missed, please vote for it and provide the link in a reply here. We want to hear the voice of community.

Found the idea!

Thank you,
    Michael

Michael Torok
    Director of Knowledge and Community Management
    Delphix