Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  does delhix support VDB creation based on conditions(SQL query) other than based on timeframes if yes, how.

Posted 11-20-2019 11:38:00 AM
    Hi Team,

The queries are still unanswered.

1. my understanding is dsource is kind of gold copy of production environment which is present in delphix itself.

2. now when some environments need data(qa, dev, uat), from dsouce vdbs are created and one one instance of vdb is given to them to run on their environment as required.

3. my question is in case qa needs some chunk of data only and developer wants other data, is it possible that their instances of vdbs have only data they have requested like the way you try to fetch some records in sql server via hitting sql query. somebody told me, dsource is full copy and even vdb is full copy, so the question arises why would i want to expose data to QA which they dont even require.

regards,
    sonali

• 2.  RE: does delhix support VDB creation based on conditions(SQL query) other than based on timeframes if yes, how.
    Best Answer

Posted 11-21-2019 07:24:00 AM

Hi Sonali,

The answers to your questions :

1 /
    Correct
    2/ 
    Correct

3/ As delphix relies on RMAN to create a VDB you will always end up with a complete copy of the used dsource. Meanwhile, you can use vdb hooks (sql script in your case) to subset or remove unwanted data before the vdb creation job completes.

Another idea, you can isolate form DB perspective by granting the roles only to the target schemas for each profile of user.

------------------------------
    Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member
    Delphix Community Members

• 3.  RE: does delhix support VDB creation based on conditions(SQL query) other than based on timeframes if yes, how.

Posted 11-21-2019 07:58:00 AM
    thanks.

Can you share more details about VDB hooks.

any links for this???

Regards,
    sonali

• 4.  RE: does delhix support VDB creation based on conditions(SQL query) other than based on timeframes if yes, how.

Posted 11-21-2019 08:20:00 AM
    Hi Sonali,

https://docs.delphix.com/docs52/delphix-administration/oracle-environments-and-data-sources/customizing-oracle-management-with-hook-operations

https://docs.delphix.com/docs52/delphix-administration/oracle-environments-and-data-sources/customizing-oracle-management-with-hook-operations/oracle-hook-operation-notes

Regards,

Mouhssine

Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member
    Delphix Community Members