Delphix Products

• 1.  Major rendering bug in Google Chrome

Posted 01-06-2015 01:36:00 PM
    Hi,

In Google Chrome, this is the view I am greeted with:

As you can see in the screenshot, the page only renders in the top portion of the page. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to Chrome 39. This is my user agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36
    I am on Windows 7.

I wrote a userscript to fix the problem (it's a bit of a hack, but it works), but it would be nice to see this fixed. Here is the script:

// ==UserScript==  // @name         Delphix fix
    // @namespace    http://avindra.adp.com
    // @version      0.1
    // @description  Fix for Delphix rendering bug
    // @author       Avindra Goolcharan
    // @match        http://51.16.109.229/Server.html*
    // @grant        none
    // ==/UserScript==
    setTimeout(function() {
        $("#flashContent").removeAttr("style");
        $("embed").css("height", "101%"); 
    }, 5000);
    My coworker, who also has the same Chrome version, has the same issue. The only extension I have installed which affects webpages is Adblock plus and I doubt that is the cause.

• 2.  RE: Major rendering bug in Google Chrome
    Best Answer

Posted 01-06-2015 01:55:00 PM
    Avindra,

As you deduced, this issue was introduced by changes Google made in Chrome 39, and it affects that browser on all OS platforms. We have already addressed this in code to be released in an upcoming maintenance release of Delphix Engine. We have observed that simply resizing the browser window vertically resolves the issue for the duration of that session. We appreciate you sharing your workaround with the community as well!

Thank you,

Michael

• 3.  RE: Major rendering bug in Google Chrome
    Best Answer

Posted 01-06-2015 01:57:00 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. A quick resize of the window will force Chrome to redraw it correctly. This has been fixed as of Delphix version 4.1.4.0.

• 4.  RE: Major rendering bug in Google Chrome

Posted 02-18-2015 03:36:00 PM
    Chrome release 40 also had the same issue with Delphix 4.1.3.1. However, a re-sizing of the screen (restore down and then maximize) fixed the issue. Good for now until I can get to 4.1.4.0 Thank you Peyush