Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

Recoverable error during job execution (related to shared snapshot controlfile)

• 1.  Recoverable error during job execution (related to shared snapshot controlfile)

Posted 11-04-2014 01:17:00 PM
    I get the following warning e-mails daily (generic names used):

DB_SYNC job for "{Group}/{DB_name}" encountered a recoverable error during execution. The job was able to continue, but there may be additional effects on your operations. Cause: RAC database "{DB_name}" has a snapshot controlfile that may not reside in a shared location.

The action suggests:

The snapshot control file should reside in a location accessible from all cluster nodes. Current snapshot control file location is configured to "/orashare/rman/{DB_name}/snapcf.f". If this is not a shared location, use RMAN "CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO <fullpath shared location>;" command to set it to a correct shared location. If it is a shared location, no action is required.

But when I check the accessibility of that file across all the nodes, I see that it comes up fine (one line per node in the cluster):

-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 63M Aug  7 06:32 /orashare/rman/{DB_name}/snapcf.f

Is this a common issue with a quick fix?

Thanks,

Avindra.

• 2.  RE: Recoverable error during job execution (related to shared snapshot controlfile)
    Best Answer

Posted 11-04-2014 01:30:00 PM
    Avindra,

Unless the snapshot control file resides in an ASM filesystem, we can't presently determine whether the file is in a location accessible to all the nodes, so we generate this warning. If you are using ASM in this cluster, the easiest fix for this would be to configure the snapshot control file to be in ASM. This is the typical configuration in a RAC cluster.

If this is not possible, but you are certain that the location is a shared location (which it does appear to be based on the given output), then you may simply ignore the warning. 

Thank you,

Michael