Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

Install DelphixConnector error 1001

• 1.  Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-02-2016 01:43:00 PM
    I am trying to install delphiconnector and always recieve the error 1001 "failed to initialize connector parameters". I run as admin.  What can i do ?
    I can ping 192.168.0.29.
    I click ok and this had this error information.

I also tried to run with administrator but got same result.

Someone knows a solution ?

• 2.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001
    Best Answer

Posted 12-02-2016 02:23:00 PM
    Hello,

Do you see the "Delphix Connector" show up under Windows->Services? If so, it may be in a bad state or Windows may be holding onto some file handles. If you see it, you may want to try uninstalling it via the troubleshooting steps at the end of this article (https://support.delphix.com/hc/en-us/articles/235668507).

It has some troubleshooting steps for error 1001 during installation. If this doesn't help, you may need to try uninstalling it first.

If this document doesn't help, let us know which troubleshooting steps you followed and what the current state of the connector is (can you see it listed under Windows -> Services)?

Thanks,
      Neal

• 3.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-02-2016 02:59:00 PM
    Hi Neal,

I try to install in two different and clean machines, one with windows 10 and other with windows 7. The Delphix service does not exist in windows services and I had turned off windows firewall and anti virus too.

i dont known whats wrong.

Thanks

Mauro

• 4.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001
    Best Answer

Posted 12-02-2016 03:10:00 PM
    Hello,

We have seen instances where the downloaded installer gets corrupt. When you tried installing it to different machines, did you download a fresh copy of the DelphixConnector from the Delphix Engine? Or did you just copy the installer file from one Windows machine to another?

If you are just copying the same installer image from one Windows machine to another, can you try downloading a fresh copy from the Delphix engine and use it?

Thanks,
      Neal

• 5.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-02-2016 03:20:00 PM
    Yes , i download many times from delphix engine.

Mauro

• 6.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001
    Best Answer

Posted 12-02-2016 11:21:00 PM
    HI Mauro, can you please confirm what version of Windows you are attempting to install the connector on!

• 7.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-04-2016 03:08:00 PM
    I used windows 10 and windows 7 in virtual machine.

• 8.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-05-2016 08:51:00 AM
    I made one more test. I created a new virtual machine with windows 2012 server, after windows setup was complete i tried to install DelphixConnector, at first time the application stoped instalation because of .net framework 3.5.  I put .net and started instalation again with defaults and the same error 1001 occurs.

Can you try to do same ? ou send me other version of delphixconnector to test here ?

Thanks 

Mauro

• 9.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-05-2016 01:01:00 PM
    Hi Mauro,

After you attempted to install on Windows 2012 the first time but it failed because of the missing .NET, was there anything left under "c:\Program Files\Delphix\DelphixConnector"?

Was the "Delphix Connector" program listed under Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program?

1) If you see the program listed here, try to uninstall it.
    2) If you see anything listed under "c:\Program Files\Delphix\DelphixConnector" after uninstalling, delete it.
    3) Try the install again when there is no trace of the DelphixConnector.

I don't know if it has something to do with having a Portuguese Windows locale? I'll try to setup one later today and try installing the DelphixConnector. We do have many SQL Server customers in Brazil and they haven't had this issue. I don't know what locale they run their servers under.

Thanks,
      Neal

• 10.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-05-2016 02:04:00 PM
    Hi Mauro,

I was able to install the program on Windows 2012 with Portuguese set as the default locale.

• 11.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001
    Best Answer

Posted 12-05-2016 02:52:00 PM
    I've only added my Win10 VM's to the Delphix 5.1.2.0 engine, so I can't guarantee this will fix the problem for 4.33, but its worth a try if you would like:
    So the key is-  You won't be able to uninstall-  it will get the 1001 error again, but the problem is the service won't build and start on the first install.
    1.  go to the folder where the installation for the connector was performed. 
    2.  Rename the delphix directory, (C:\program files\delphix)  to old_delphix.
    3.  start the installation again, but choose to "Repair".  The installation should install the files and fix the service successfully.
    4.  Then run the discovery in the GUI.
    5.  You can then remove the old_delphix folder on the Win10 image.  
    Yes, this is a complete work around and it is the delphix connector service that is having an issue with the installation.  It's performing the sc create at the wrong step in the installation for win10, but as stated, it's not supported yet, so work arounds are expected at this stage... :)

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Kellyn

• 12.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-05-2016 03:51:00 PM
    Kellyn,

I renamed the folder and started new instalation but the option repair does not exist.

The product was never installed with sucess,  if i open Control Panel and go to installed  Programs - delphix is not in the list.

Thanks 

Mauro

• 13.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-05-2016 04:02:00 PM
    I will test again in english version.

thanks

Mauro

• 14.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001
    Best Answer

Posted 12-05-2016 04:13:00 PM

• 15.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001
    Best Answer

Posted 12-06-2016 03:34:00 PM
    Hi Mauro,
    You aren't seeing the Delphix installation in the list of installed programs?  And just to verify, this is for the Win10 target?
    Can you also verify, when you open up Services, there isn't a Delphix Connector listed?
    Thank you,
    Kellyn

• 16.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-07-2016 12:14:00 PM
    Hi.   I created new virtual machine with english version of windows and the setup was completed.  

The version 4.3.3 does not work with portuguese version.  I think the program looks like for Program files (Hard code), and this folder does not exist in some languages.

Other problem was the password wrong after the logoff/login, that happends all the in portuguese version, i had to import delphix VM many times...

Now i have problem to use addhostgui  program. While setup delphixconnector i got timeout error (i saw this error at dashboard). Ports are open,  i can remote connect to windows and to SQL Server.  I am trying with user that has admin acess to windows and sql.

any idea ?

Thanks

Mauro

• 17.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 12-07-2016 01:57:00 PM
    Hi Mauro,

I'm glad to hear that it worked with an English version of Windows. I was testing with a newer version of the DelphixConnector software on my Portuguese version of Windows (though it may have had the English language packs installed originally). I know we have other Portuguese customers who have used that version of Delphix for Windows/SQL Server. I don't know their environments well enough but know that they did have an English locale installed on the Portuguese environments as we were able to toggle to the English keyboard by clicking an icon.

Regarding the timeout error, when you run the addhostgui, it tries to connect from the Windows box to the Delphix Engine over port 80. Can you confirm that you can reach port 80 on the Delphix Engine from the Windows box? Further communication from the Delphix Connector to the engine may occur over port 8415 as well. If you have "telnet" installed, you can easily test connectivity with the ports and the Delphix engine host name/IP address:

telnet delphix_engine_host_name 80
    telnet delphix_engine_ip 8415
    If you don't have "telnet" installed, I can give you a PowerShell script to test connectivity.

https://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS50/Network+and+Connectivity+Requirements+for+Windows+Environment

• 18.  RE: Install DelphixConnector error 1001

Posted 06-22-2017 07:12:00 PM
    I was having this issue and after uninstalling shift-deleted "c:\Program Files\Delphix\DelphixConnector" and was able to install without issue.