Delphix Products

• 1.  Masking Performance Problem

Posted 10-29-2016 12:19:00 PM
    Hi
    Here is my problem; As you can also see from two screen shot, I run two masking job with same algorithm with different lookup file.

Bad result is belong to the masking job which is created lookup file which includes 3Million records the good one ( lookupfile )  is created with just 300 records... 

I am testing this for a purpose I need, so Is there any solution to improve the performance with 3Million records because I am in the middle of the POC and I really need an algorithm which I can mask data with unique National ID numbers which is also valid National ID. This means I can not generate it with other algorithms.

Mapping Algorithm is used and its lookup file includes 3Million records.

Mapping Algorithm is used and its lookup file includes 300 records.

#Masking

• 2.  RE: Masking Performance Problem
    Best Answer

Posted 10-31-2016 02:01:00 PM
    Hi Cihan,
    Mapping Algorithm is used for lookup /refrence data with a limited number of values in pool, For large ppol values we recommend you use other algorithm types like Secure Lookup or Segmented mapping type of Algorithm.

If you are a existing Delphix customer and need more help in this regard please contact your Delphix representative.

Thanks
    --Hims

• 3.  RE: Masking Performance Problem

Posted 10-31-2016 03:58:00 PM

Hi Him

Thanks for your answer.

I can not use SL algorithm because it is not useful for unique values. Also I can not use segmented mapping algorithm too because I have to generate valid National ID numbers :( ... So ?