Our goal is to create automated masked VDBs from dSource. The steps followed are:
- VDB is created from dSource
- Masking rules are built in masking engine, executed and verified with VDB created above (enabled multitenant)
- Mapped these rules to dSource
- Spin off new VDB from dSource, but not able to invoke the masking job and getting error like "Make sure the Delphix Masking Engine instance is online and available"
- However, VDB is created, but log shows that MASKING_FETCH job for "unknown" completed successfully
- When I verified actual data, none of the fields are masked.
The root cause I can think of is, credentials entered to make connection in masking engine. We have an internal process, which generates random user and password on a daily basis and these credentials are used for connection.
However, I am not sure how these credentials are referred by Delphix when masking job is invoked during VDB creation. Anyone come across these kind of problem or any resolution you have?
thanks for sharing the info.
By looking command, changing TCP port will help if any issue with UI access with masking engine, which is working fine in our case. In fact, communication is established between delphix server and masking engine as I am able to see the jobs.
Please let me know your view
Yes, I did the way you explained. This is useful info that you highlighted above. Let's take an example:
user (SS)/password (Test123)/SID (PCP123)
These user & passwords are generated from Vault software when PCP123 SID instance is registered and same details are entered while adding connection in masking engine
Let's say engine is trying to create new VDB called XVZ234 with masking rules mapped, having same user ID & Password doesn't work as XYZ234 is not registered yet with Vault software where it generates random user ID & Password.
Is there any log file to check what is happening while invoking masking job during VDB creation? It is stopping us to progress creating masked VDBs. Thoughts are welcome !!