Delphix Products

• 1.  Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?

Posted 01-20-2015 03:22:00 PM
    I have managed to create dSource databases from existing SQL backup files. Seven in total, second largest one of 3GB original size and the largest one of 8GB original size.

The problem comes where i am not able to Provision the 8GB database from the dSource. I have tried to deploy to a remote SQL server and to a local SQL server where i am "sysadmin". I get the following message which is not entirely true as i am able to deploy 6 other dSources including the second largest one (3GB in original size).

Here is the message received:

Suggested Action:Make sure that the SQL Server instance "XXXXX" on 
    the target host "YYYYY" is up and that the user 
    "ZZZZZZ" has privileges to restore a database on the host.

Any suggestions to get the largest dSource database deployed would be appreciated.

My LandsharkEngine runs off 8GB RAM and 4 CPU. HDD is 38GB free.

Thanks
    Sean

• 2.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-20-2015 03:26:00 PM
    There are no size limits, but you have to ensure that the os user is a domain user and has privileges on the source and the target, in order for this to work.

• 3.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-20-2015 03:30:00 PM

• 4.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?

Posted 01-20-2015 03:34:00 PM
    Thanks Adam. Would the evidence that i have successfully Provisioned 6 other dSources void those requirements?

• 5.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-20-2015 04:14:00 PM
    Well, it wouldn't "void" the requirements, per se. But, there is definitely something different in regards to permissions on the 8GB database. You could do a 800GB DB with Landshark if you wanted. Is this database from the same MSSQL instance as one of your other 6?

• 6.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?

Posted 01-21-2015 08:46:00 AM
    Well this database is from the same SQL version as the others. They each come from a different instance from the same server. So they are identical in config, just the instance is different. Although I have one of the other databases from the same instance and it has been one of the successful ones.

I have set the SQL Server account to use a domain account to see if this improves things, but dont see why it should base on the other 6 successful DB's.

• 7.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?

Posted 01-21-2015 10:21:00 AM
    I have managed to source another backup of the same database and that appears to have solved my problem. This appears to be a bit of a Red Herring.

• 8.  RE: Has the Landshark Engine DB Size Limits?

Posted 01-21-2015 01:49:00 PM
    Glad to hear you got it sorted.