Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

• 1.  Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 05:55:00 PM
    Installed Landshark and Delphix engine on VirtualBox and they are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface.
    My 3 VMs IP are configured as per this url.
    https://community.delphix.com/delphix/topics/basic-virtualbox-networking-setup-for-landshark-2-x

1) Oracle XE database on linuxsource is up.
    2) Delphix engine is up and I did the initial setup. Also changed the dephix_admin password to "landshark"

I am guessing that the IP addresses for the VMs are not set correctly so they can not talk.

Please suggest the steps to fix this issue.

Thanks
    #DemoEnvironment

• 2.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 05:56:00 PM
    Hi Ritesh. What are the IP's of all three of your VM's?

• 3.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 05:57:00 PM
    Can you ping the Linux Source and Delphix Engine from the Linux Target?

• 4.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 06:10:00 PM
    IP's are:

I have done this setup at my home PC.  Will try it tonight. But I think the ping were not working.

• 5.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 06:13:00 PM
    If they can't ping eachother and those addresses came from DHCP, then it almost sounds like you have them configured as NAT and not NAT Network

• 6.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 08:12:00 PM
    IP's are:

I have done this setup at my home PC.  Will try it tonight. But I think the ping were not working.

• 7.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 08:37:00 PM
    I have configured "NAT Network" and followed this document.
    https://community.delphix.com/delphix/topics/basic-virtualbox-networking-setup-for-landshark-2-x

Please send the document link to properly configure the network.

I also wanted to configure new Oracle Linux VMs for Source and Target Databases. I will keep same Delphix Engine that came with Lanshark. Is there a document to configure this way.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface
    Best Answer

Posted 05-29-2015 08:55:00 PM
    that's the correct document, I wrote it. Can your vm's ping eachother? We do try to help with some VirtualBox advice, but if you continue to have VirtualBox issues, you might try thier support forums.

• 9.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 09:31:00 PM
    Thanks. Will verify vm IP and ping tonight.
    If I want to use static IPs for VMs and Delphix engine. Is below document good to follow?
    https://docs.delphix.com/display/LS/Using+Static+IP+Addresses

• 10.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 05-29-2015 09:47:00 PM
    yes, sure is

• 11.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 06-02-2015 07:22:00 PM
    I fixed the network issues and its working fine. I added a new Linux VM and added a new Oracle enterprise edition dSource. This worked fine.
    Now I am trying to create a VDB from this dSource on new Linux VM. I am getting below error.
    I tried using oracle & root user but same error. I have to create a new linux user using createDelphixOSUser.sh. How do I download this script. I did not find this script on toolkit folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error:

Environment validation failed for environment "linux" host "192.168.1.101". Cause: Validation of user environment failed.

Suggested Action:

Correct the user environment error, or provide a privileged user, and try again.

USER_CAN_MOUNT=no

REQUIRED.USER_CAN_UNMOUNT=no

REQUIRED.USER_CAN_CD_MOUNT_BASE=yes

REQUIRED.USER_CAN_MKDIR=yes

REQUIRED.USER_CAN_RMDIR=yes

REQUIRED.SID_IN_USE=no

RECOMMENDED.ULIMITS_MET=yes

#####DELPHIX_END_DATA#####

#####DELPHIX_START_ERROR#####

ERROR_CODE=5

ERROR : User "oracle" can not mount file systems on the host

ERROR : Details : Trying "mount" using dlpx_mount - ERROR: No sudo privileges or incorrect password;

ERROR : Could not verify umount privilege for user "oracle"

• 12.  RE: Installed Landshark and Delphix engine are up but Sources(Employee Web App and XE database) not visible on Delphix Web interface

Posted 06-02-2015 07:25:00 PM
    New question, not Landshark related Please reference the new conversation here: New Environment Issues