Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

• 1.  When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-14-2017 01:58:00 PM
    I hope someone can help..
    I am Unable to add a PDB as a dSource in the GUI.
    the below is the output from the error message.

DBNAME is not the actual name, I have replaced that.. 

Run SnapSync for database "DBNAME".
    Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.
    Correct the container database sync error and try to sync the pluggable database again.

Run SnapSync for database "DBNAME".

Block has invalid file index: 0.
    Validate backup files with backup utility.

I have enabled BCC, the db is 12.2.
    the engine is 4.3.3, but the old free trial (so limited to 30GB and 1vCPU etc).

Is there something blatantly obvious I need to check to get this working please?

Kind Regards,
    Gary

#Virtualization
    #DemoEnvironment

• 2.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-14-2017 02:02:00 PM
    Can you generate some activity on that DB and then try again? Everytime I have seen that in the past, it was because someone had just enabled BCT, but no activity logs had been done afterwards (resulting in a block index of 0).

• 3.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-14-2017 07:25:00 PM
    What type of activity needs to be created? I'm having the same issue and since I don't have any experience in this, I would like to know what you are referring to.
    Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-14-2017 09:06:00 PM
    anything that will create transaction logs, like inserting/updating records

• 5.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-14-2017 09:19:00 PM
    Ok, I've already added two lines in two different tables and I'm having the same error, here is what it is saying:

I think that the issue is with the root container and not with the pluggable D.B.

Thanks for the help.

• 6.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-15-2017 11:34:00 AM
    I will try to add something in the root container also. Fingers crossed!! :)

• 7.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-15-2017 11:50:00 AM
    I added a table in the CDB,  entered some rows of data, committed, switched log file.. tried again and the same is evident.

Same occurs when I do the same in the PDB.

Can you advise any further? 
    Please excuse the massive screenshot.. not sure why its so large..

• 8.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-15-2017 12:21:00 PM
    Frustratingly I created a backup of the DB first, and then tried to add the dSource, and the same issue occurred also.
    I will go and try with Oracle 12.1 as opposed to 12.2 and see if that makes any difference.

• 9.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-15-2017 12:31:00 PM
    Hi Gary,

As per support documentation the 12cR2 isn't in the matrix yet

https://docs.delphix.com/docs/delphix-administration/oracle-environments-and-data-sources/oracle-sup...

You have to stay at max with 12.1 for testing PDB virtualization.

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 10.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-15-2017 12:36:00 PM
    I just logged into our support desk (been away from my desk) and was able to validate that this happens with Oracle 12.2 and will be addressed when Oracle 12.2 is supported by Delphix (in the near future).

• 11.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-15-2017 01:08:00 PM
    Thank you kindly.
    reverting test DB back to 12.1.
    Best Regards,
    Gary

• 12.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-19-2017 02:10:00 PM
    Hi Gary,

If you have any chance to get the latest version of the engine (5.1.7), you will be able to test 12.2 relase as it's supporte on this relase.

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 13.  RE: When trying to add PDB as a dSource: Cannot sync pluggable database because multitenant container database "DBNAME" sync failed.

Posted 06-20-2017 07:23:00 AM
    I have no idea how to get the latest version as a test in a virtualbox environment.
    I travel a lot whilst looking at functions / api's of different solutions for replication and provisioning. I can not have a cloud based test lab for this very reason. 
    Is there a VBOX version of engine v5 available which I can legally use for testing purposes?