Delphix Products

• 1.  Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine

Posted 03-21-2018 01:40:00 PM
    I am looking for steps to replace the self-signed certificates that come with the Delphix with signed certificates from our CA, but not finding much of anything.

The only thing I found was this link https://docs.delphix.com/docs/system-administration/securing-delphix/gui-security">https://docs.delphix.com/docs/system-administration/securing-delphix/gui-security">https://docs.delphix.com/docs/system-administration/securing-delphix/gui-security

That link states you have to engage Delphix Professional Services.  Is that really the case?  I would have thought I could do that on my own.  If I have the certificate I want to use, can I just open a support case to get someone from Delphix to put it into place?

Thanks
    Jim
    #Virtualization

• 2.  RE: Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine

Posted 03-21-2018 01:47:00 PM

Hello Jim,

Yes to add a certificate you will have to engage with Delphix, have a webex and they will add your certificate to the engine, you will have to do it for every DE.

Its one of my checks when building an DE. Also if you need to have compatibility with veritas cluster management, also manual work.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine
    Best Answer

Posted 03-21-2018 01:50:00 PM
    What I got from Jim's question is: is it enough open a ticket to support without extra costs? Or is it necessary ask for a payed PS intervention?

Right Jim?

Regards.
    Gianpiero

• 4.  RE: Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine
    Best Answer

Posted 03-21-2018 01:53:00 PM
    Hi Jim-

Currently, Delphix Support will assist in deployment of your signed certificates; this is not required to be driven through Professional Services.  We have planned product enhancements to provide a self-service capability in a future release, but today this is only accomplished with Support intervention.  

I apologize for any confusion the doc may have caused!  I'll work with our documentation team to get this aligned with current product support policies.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

• 5.  RE: Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine

Posted 03-21-2018 01:55:00 PM
    Yes, that was part of my question.  If opening a support ticket isn't sufficient.  I also need to know what the cost would be to get it done for 3 appliances...

• 6.  RE: Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine

Posted 03-21-2018 02:00:00 PM
    Sounds good Sean, so when I open the case with Delphix support I should just make sure that I have the certificate ready?

Does the change require a downtime?  About how much time should I figure for making the change?  More than an hour?

Thanks
    Jim

• 7.  RE: Replacing Self-Signed Certificate with Signed on Engine
    Best Answer

Posted 03-21-2018 02:04:00 PM
    Hi Jim-

When you open the support case, we'll respond with a form detailing the deployment options available for customers, which include self-signed certificate, replacing keystore, etc.  We'll confirm timing for a WebEx, so our Engineers can log into the Engine and implement the changes.  

When the certificates are installed, it will require a brief outage for the management service running on the Engine, but this only affects the UI and any jobs running or scheduled to run; existing VDBs will remain online during this activity.  The actual outage for this activity should be a matter of minutes, not hours.