Delphix Products

• 1.  Should the Delphix connector service always be running?

Posted 12-03-2015 04:08:00 PM
    Right now we have 1 target for our Delphix appliance. The monitoring team just sent me an email that an alert was tripped when the Delphix connector service(which is an Automatic startup type) stopped running by itself. I logged on and sure enough, the Delphix connector service is not running. My feeling is, that this is not a big deal, especially because we're only using Delphix to host static archive databases at this particular time. But I'm not sure that this service stopping is 'normal.' I wanted to gain some knowledge about how/when the service is actually invoked, and if I should be setting up automatic recovery options for this service. I am using Delphix in a Windows/SQL environment, with SQL version 2012. All databases appear online and nothing's really 'wrong' except that the service stopped.

• 2.  RE: Should the Delphix connector service always be running?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-14-2015 02:59:00 PM
    Hey Kevin - In general the connector should always be running. I would suggest a review of the windows and Delphix logs to see if any issue in particular jumps out at you. Simply restarting the connector is fine, but I hesitate to put an autorecovery setting on without troubleshooting the root cause. If the issue is not easily determined, I would suggest opening a support ticket. (You could try to re-install the connector also, but depending on your root cause, you could just be wasting time)