Delphix Products

• 1.  Exploring Features of Delphix on Landshark demo

Posted 04-19-2016 04:16:00 AM
    Hi,

I am working on a demo of Delphix. I have got the VMs installed, configured the Landshark demo environment and have successfully provisioned data into the target as shown in the demo video guide on vimeo.com.

I have the following questions:

1)      How can we explore the following features using the Landshark demo instance:

1) Data Masking

2) Data Sub-setting

2)      In the sources (Employee XE DB and Employee Web application), is this data is already masked etc. Or can we do masking sub-setting on this data to explore. If yes then How?

#Masking
    #DemoEnvironment

• 2.  RE: Exploring Features of Delphix on Landshark demo
    Best Answer

Posted 04-19-2016 09:01:00 AM
    Hi amit. Data masking is not available via the Landshark Demo, though that may change in the near future. 

As far as subsetting goes, Delphix itself does not have subsetting features, but you can certainly subset a VDB as you would any database. Then you can create copies of that subsetted database, etc.

• 3.  RE: Exploring Features of Delphix on Landshark demo

Posted 04-19-2016 09:12:00 AM

Thanks for the answers Adam. I had couple more questions -

1. I read on the product page that there are 2 – Delphix data virtualization and Delphix data masking, are they two different standalone tools? If so, how can I get the data making tool?

2. I see that Delphix 5 has been released but on navigating to the download link given in the guide, I only see ver 4.3 present for download. Could you please let me know where I can find the latest version?

• 4.  RE: Exploring Features of Delphix on Landshark demo

Posted 04-19-2016 09:24:00 AM
    1) Hey Amit, these two are integrated together now. And while you can use one, or the other, it is the same VM. The corresponding features just need to be enabled.
    2) I'll ping my friend today who is in charge of the download links you received.