Delphix Products

• 1.  SQL Server: Gaps in the sequence of Transaction Log Backups

Posted 03-30-2017 05:13:00 AM
    Hello Everyone,

A good day to all!

What is the workaround when you encounter a break in the "log chain" when your Validated Sync Mode is set through Transaction Log Backups (Log Sync Disabled)?

I've encountered this scenario when I was conducting a POC wherein it stopped collecting the logs which led to the dSource not updating. I've tried doing a manual snapshot of a full backup (which I've already copied to the backup path where the logs are being dumped) but there's an error informing me that it's not seeing or getting any valid recent full backup.

Thanks in advance to those who would help out.

• 2.  RE: SQL Server: Gaps in the sequence of Transaction Log Backups
    Best Answer

Posted 03-30-2017 03:11:00 PM
    Could you post the error that you are seeing?

Did you select the "Most Recent Backup" option when doing the manual snapshot? In that case, it looks for the latest Full or Differential backup based on msdb.dbo.backupset in the backup location. Does that backup exist there?

If you want to take the snapshot using a specific full backup, you need to select the "Specific Backup" option, and provide its backup UUID when doing the manual snapshot. The backup would have to be more recent than the latest log backup that was ingested.

Do let us know if this solves the issue that you are seeing.

• 3.  RE: SQL Server: Gaps in the sequence of Transaction Log Backups

Posted 04-03-2017 12:56:00 AM
    Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the quick response. Here's the error that we're getting when we do a manual snapshot.

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1577050/RackMultipart20170403-6928-6zu7r-ewbackup1_inline.PNG?1491184432">

Here's the set of compressed backup files that is stored in the backup path that we're trying to ingest.

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1577051/RackMultipart20170403-3027-15bo5xe-ewbackup_inline.PNG?1491184494">