Delphix Products

• 1.  Errors snapshotting dSource due to staging source being disabled...don't know how to enable it

Posted 12-29-2015 06:08:00 AM
    Hi
    Delphix unexpectedly shut down last week and now for some of the dSources, I get the error

Title: Staging source is not enabled
    Details: The staging source for dSource "DBNAME" is not enabled. Validated sync needs the staging source to be enabled.
    User Action: Enable the staging source.

I can't see where I can enable the staging source...I've gone to both the staging server and dSource server in environments and can't see anywhere to enable the staging source.

Does anyone know how I can enable the staging source via the GUI?  or the API maybe?

• 2.  RE: Errors snapshotting dSource due to staging source being disabled...don't know how to enable it

Posted 12-29-2015 06:18:00 AM
    I tried disabling the dSource and enabling again, but it now fails to enable.

• 3.  RE: Errors snapshotting dSource due to staging source being disabled...don't know how to enable it
    Best Answer

Posted 12-29-2015 06:38:00 PM
    Hi Mark,

The issues you are encountering are most likely caused by a disabled environment. You can enable this environment via the GUI. To check on the status of your staging source, do the following:

1. Go to Manage -> Environments
    2. Click on the environment containing your staging host.
    3. Click on "Databases" and verify that your database is marked as "Use as staging".
    4. Verify that the selected environment is enabled. If it is not enabled, use the slider to enable the environment.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Srish

• 4.  RE: Errors snapshotting dSource due to staging source being disabled...don't know how to enable it

Posted 12-30-2015 06:03:00 AM
    Hi Srish

Unfortunately that is not the case....the environment is enabled.  The only options I have under each DB is AllowLinking

• 5.  RE: Errors snapshotting dSource due to staging source being disabled...don't know how to enable it

Posted 01-27-2016 11:17:00 AM
    I hope you have resolved this by now, but the steps I would take is
    1. Disable the dSource
    2. Refresh the environment that hosts the dSource
    3. Refresh the environment that hosts the staging database
    4. Enable the dSource.