Delphix Products

• 1.  Question on Delphix AWS Compatibility

Posted 02-14-2017 09:17:00 PM
    Hello Delphix Experts, we are working on setting up delphix on AWS cloud; need some clarity on delphix compatibility.
    Our intention is to use on-prem vdb as a source and spin new vdb's/replicate vdb on AWS as target. We are using Oracle as database and RHEL for source and target but the version we are planning to use is different. Is this combination going to work or do we need to ensure that both source and targets to be same? Please clarify

Eg: Source Database: Oracle 11.2.0.4; RHEL 2.6.32
    AWS Server - Target Database: Oracle 12.1.0.2.v5; RHEL 3.10.0 

• 2.  RE: Question on Delphix AWS Compatibility

Posted 02-15-2017 04:14:00 PM
    Delphix Team : Can you please answer my question?

• 3.  RE: Question on Delphix AWS Compatibility

Posted 02-15-2017 05:19:00 PM
    Viswas, Delphix requires that sources and targets be binary compatible. So, though I have not tested the above, here is what is what I can say:
    1. Delphix cannot provision a copy on an 11G database into a 12c home. You can provision a copy of  the 11.2.0.4 database to a 11.2.0.4 home and then upgrade that to 12c. You could then even provision copies of that 12c VDB to other 12c targets in your AWS environment.
    2. I am assuming you are listing kernel versions and you mean you run RHEL 6 on prem and RHEL 7 in AWS. I have not tested this specifically, but I believe it would work. I will defer to someone who has tested this themselves, though.
    https://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS/Supported+Operating+Systems+and+DBMS+Versions+for+Oracle+Envir...

• 4.  RE: Question on Delphix AWS Compatibility

Posted 02-15-2017 06:21:00 PM
    Thanks Adam for your inputs! I am clear with point#1 about binary compatabiilty, will wait for others for 2nd point you quoted. Can this be tested in your lab servers if we don't hear +ve response from community?

• 5.  RE: Question on Delphix AWS Compatibility

Posted 02-15-2017 06:27:00 PM
    Viswas, I got internal confirmation that I am correct on point 2. As for testing it out, it isn't in our current routine and wouldn't be something I could get to this week. That being said, that situation should be fine as long as they both are x8664

• 6.  RE: Question on Delphix AWS Compatibility

Posted 02-15-2017 06:37:00 PM
    Ok Adam, Thanks for quick feedback