APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

• 1.  Creation Date of VDB

Posted 12-11-2014 03:52:00 PM
    Can we find somewhere the creation date of a VDB ?
    I didn't see it in the properties of an database object.
    Can we find it somewhere else ?

Thanks
    Marie Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Automatic VDB Deletion.
    #Tip

• 2.  RE: Creation Date of VDB
    Best Answer

Posted 12-11-2014 07:02:00 PM
    Hi Marie,
    You can find the creation date in the Jobs history in the GUI, however this might be something that others would be interested in finding on the VDB card and I will file a Request for Enhancement on this

• 3.  RE: Creation Date of VDB

Posted 12-12-2014 04:26:00 AM
    Hi,

I think that in case of Oracle database we can check creation date executing SQL query after connecting to VDB.

select to_char(created, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') created
    from v$database

I think we can check job history in CLI and we will find it there, right?

It would be nice to see it in CLI. I don't see such information on database object using CLI either.

• 4.  RE: Creation Date of VDB

Posted 12-12-2014 08:07:00 AM
    Hi Jaclyn,

I asked this question because a customer asked me if we can have automated deletion of out-of-date VDBs (like VDBs, within a specific group, older than one week for instance)
    That's why, like Piotr, I looked at the database object with CLI to try to find a way but I didn't see any creation_date properties.

Marie

• 5.  RE: Creation Date of VDB
    Best Answer

Posted 12-12-2014 11:45:00 AM
    Marie,

A creation time property will be added to the database object in the next release of the Delphix Engine API and CLI. In the meantime, you can retrieve the information in the CLI by finding the first job for the VDB in the job section of the CLI:

de> job  de job> list target=R11_DEVDB pageSize=1 display=startTime  STARTTIME  2014-12-08T10:02:40.075Z