Delphix Products

• 1.  Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"

Posted 02-12-2016 10:49:00 PM
    Hello Delphix community,  after the dsource completed successfully, we are not able to provision the VDB, we are getting this error:  Environment validation failed for environment "g9u1447.houston.hp.com". Cause: Validation of user environment failed. Correct the user environment error, or provide a privilege user".  Also Error: User delphix can not mount file systems on the host. Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix". Could you please help ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"
    Best Answer

Posted 02-12-2016 11:09:00 PM
    alright. so have you provisioned vdbs to thisnhost successfully in the past? or is this a new environment? Have you tried refreshing the environment in Delphix, then provisioning the vdb?

• 3.  RE: Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"

Posted 02-12-2016 11:22:00 PM

Hello Adam,  Thanks for your reply, this is a new environment and yes, my peer Dalton did the refresh environment.

• 4.  RE: Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"

Posted 02-12-2016 11:26:00 PM
    Hi Veronica,

I may have run into this issue before, as the error message looks familiar.

Just to check, could you log into the server for this environment (i.e. "g9u1447") as the Delphix environment user/account and run the command "sudo -l"?

The output from the command should list the escalated privileges that the OS account has been allocated.  That same command is called by the Delphix "toolkit" on the environment quite often, to verify that the necessary escalated privileges have been granted and are still granted.

If "sudo -l" fails or does not return output, then it is possible that the "sudo" configuration on this server prevents the use of this functionality.  This would be indicated by the line "Defaults ... listpw=never" in the "/etc/sudoers" configuration file.  If so, we need to change that line to say "listpwd=always" instead to allow the use of "sudo -l" by the Delphix toolkit.

So, if "sudo -l" completes successfully for the Delphix OS user and displays the necessary escalated permissions, then this is not the problem you're seeing.

Hope this helps?

Thanks!

-Tim

• 5.  RE: Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"

Posted 02-12-2016 11:44:00 PM

Thanks Tim, we will try that also, seems there is an issue with the DE. We will have a webEx session in some min. Then I will share what happened and what the issue was.

Thanks,

Vero R.

• 6.  RE: Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"
    Best Answer

Posted 02-13-2016 01:10:00 AM

Hello Tim and Adam,

The issue is now resolved. The nfs service was offline. Seems this is a bug with the version 4.2.3.0 after the De is restarted the service is not started automatically.  NFS service was restarted and the provision is now in progress.  Thanks for your help.

Vero R

• 7.  RE: Issues to provision VDBs due error " Could not verify umount privilege for user "delphix"

Posted 02-13-2016 01:08:00 PM
    glad you got it resolved. I had a long day and fell asleep shortly after my post.