Delphix Products

• 1.  Handling archive masking engine

Posted 03-14-2016 08:22:00 PM
    Hi, I tried to understand how dise masking engine handles archives on both options on-the-fly and in-place. But couldn't fins any detail in the documentation or forum on how dose the engine deals with archives did it masking things befor load or did it load and invok the masking triger with knowing where clear data to mask start. Thanks for any help or detail on how things work in background Kind regards, MSA
    #Masking

• 2.  RE: Handling archive masking engine

Posted 03-14-2016 11:39:00 PM
    Hi MSA,
    It is unclear what kind of archives you are referring. Delphix does not mask archived databases in backed up or dump format, Delphix needs to establish connectivity to a running database in order to understand the schema map and essential RDBMS peripherals for masking.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.

--Hims

• 3.  RE: Handling archive masking engine

Posted 03-15-2016 01:11:00 AM
    Hi Hims, May be my question was missunderstood. According to Delphix documentation "Delphix Agile Data Masking extracts the data from a source environment, such as a production copy, gold copy, or disaster recovery copy (only read from a database not an archived file)". So the question is regarding database archive files, how the masking engine integrates there contents to a masked database in both on-the-flyer and in-place options if there any difference. Hope my question is more clear now. Regards, MSA