Delphix Products

• 1.  Getting started with Trial

Posted 01-16-2015 09:23:00 AM
    I have launched the 3 VM's with VMWare Player (Source, Target and VMWare Engine), no issues there it appears even though i am not using the VMWare Workstation (this may be my problem, not sure). Following the video's, i am having difficulty in logging into the console of the Delphix engine to perform the config section. The video and email login information (sysadmin@SYSTEM or root) fail to work for me. I am at a loss right now.

#DemoEnvironment

• 2.  RE: Getting started with Trial
    Best Answer

Posted 01-16-2015 10:31:00 AM
    Hey Sean, VMWare Player should work, though I have not tested it with Landshark. Offhand, I could see a potential issue with network types and VMWare player. Do you have a green screen on your Delphix Engine VM? If the screen stays brown, then you will not be able to login to configure the Engine. Once the screen is green, you can login with the sysadmin@SYSTEM (case sensitive). The password should be in the original email that you received with the download information.

• 3.  RE: Getting started with Trial

Posted 01-16-2015 10:39:00 AM
    Hi Adam,

Yes the Engine is showing green. I am matching the casing as shown. I have also used the generic password from the email. There is some text that flashes quickly at the bottom of the screen, i assume it refers to incorrect credentials.

Regards
    Sean

• 4.  RE: Getting started with Trial
    Best Answer

Posted 01-16-2015 11:02:00 AM
    We got Sean sorted. Everything appears to be working normally, but our instructions were a little confusing. I pointed Sean to the Quick install video, and he's going from there. So, it appears all is well for VMware player. I am updating our information thanks to Sean's feedback.