Delphix Products

• 1.  HCC and delphix VDB

Posted 02-05-2016 03:29:00 PM
    Hi,

I'm on my way to try out the VDB process creation with source database including HCC tables.

I didn't find any detailed procedure or the step by step way to get out my HCC table into a vdb.

Can we ingest the source database as it is with the HCC table and decompress it at the creation phase of the VDB (typically with hooks).

Regards,

MSA

• 2.  RE: HCC and delphix VDB
    Best Answer

Posted 02-05-2016 03:57:00 PM
    Mouhssine,

Yes, not "decompressing" the HCC tables after being provisioned into a VDB is going to result in an Oracle error (i.e. "ORA-64307" which indicates that HCC is not supported on non-Oracle storage).

The appropriate hook to use would be a "Configure Clone" hook, which fires after the initial provision of the VDB and after each refresh.  The documentation for using hooks with Oracle starts on this page online here.

Within the hook, the environment variables for ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_BASE and a few others (as documented online here) allow you to run SQL*Plus easily from within UNIX/Linux shell-script from the hook.

So, within the "Configure Clone" hook, you can run ALTER TABLE ... MOVE [ PARTITION ] ...  COMPRESS BASIC to make those HCC tables usable in the VDB.

Hope this helps!

-Tim