Delphix Products

• 1.  Does delphix support SFTP connection with Private key for file masking

Posted 01-02-2019 07:59:00 PM
    We are in need of masking AWS S3 bucket object, primarily different type of files. From masking engine, connection to be created with USER/PASSWORD and SSH key.

Like, Filezilla or WinSCP clients have an option (Advanced) to connect SFTP servers by using SSH key pair. Does Delphix has any such option? or different ways to connect (other than normal user & password)  
    #Masking

• 2.  RE: Does delphix support SFTP connection with Private key for file masking

Posted 01-03-2019 02:39:00 PM
    Hi,
    We were discussing this internally and it looks like your use case calls for configuring a file connector. We do provide public key authentication for SFTP. There are details here in the docs: https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Connecting_Data_to_Masking_Service/Managing_Connectors/#file-connect.... You have to select SFTP first for the public key options to be displayed. And, you will need to upload your key prior to it being available for selection. That is covered here: https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Delphix_Masking_APIs/Masking_Client/API_Calls_Involving_File_Upload_...

Let me know if this is not what you needed. We're happy to help.

Thanks,
    Michael

• 3.  RE: Does delphix support SFTP connection with Private key for file masking

Posted 01-03-2019 03:33:00 PM
    Thanks for quick response. You are right, its about configuring file connector. I understand uploading SSH key file through API, however document says "Public Key Authentication — (Optional) (Only appears for SFTP.) Check this box to specify a public key. When you check this box, the Available Keys dropdown appears. Choose a key from the dropdown. 

I am using 5.3.1 version, but don't see any option to select public key in GUI. Is there any prior step to be executed to reflect that option or am i missing something?

Thanks,
    Santosh

• 4.  RE: Does delphix support SFTP connection with Private key for file masking

Posted 01-03-2019 05:39:00 PM
    Hi Santosh,
    We do have an issue where you'll need to refresh the connector page in your browser after uploading the key, but afterward you should see the checkbox at the top left of this screen (Public Key Authentication):

Are you seeing that checkbox when you attempt to create/update the connector?

Thanks,
    Michael

• 5.  RE: Does delphix support SFTP connection with Private key for file masking
    Best Answer

Posted 01-03-2019 05:48:00 PM
    Thanks mike, that helps !!