Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

I have scenario to mask 4,5 th charecters with some value and 8th charecter shuold be replaced by '0'

• 1.  I have scenario to mask 4,5 th charecters with some value and 8th charecter shuold be replaced by '0'

Posted 02-15-2019 06:16:00 AM
    I have scenario to mask 4,5 th charecters with some value and 8th charecter shuold be replaced by 0 and rest of the value should not be mask.

Kindly please help to achieve this scenario.
    #Masking

• 2.  RE: I have scenario to mask 4,5 th charecters with some value and 8th charecter shuold be replaced by '0'

Posted 02-15-2019 09:00:00 AM

Hi Ashok,

You can user segmented mapping algorithm to achieve the need, where you can split the value to a bunch of segments and treat them as you like.

You can apply the desired rang of masked values and also preserve some if you like.

Please check this KB note from delphix support for more detail (you will find an example)

https://support.delphix.com/Delphix_Masking_Engine/KBA1775_Segment_Mapping_(SM)_Technical_Overview

If you steel need help please revert to me back i will be glad.

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 3.  RE: I have scenario to mask 4,5 th charecters with some value and 8th charecter shuold be replaced by '0'

Posted 02-25-2019 06:21:00 AM
    Thank you for your help.

Can you please send me one example to replace only 8th character with o.

Thanks,
    Ashok Kumar