Delphix Products

• 1.  Landshark demo : "Unable to identify platform" sent back by hostchecker

Posted 10-28-2014 02:43:00 PM
    I wanted to execute java -jar hostchecker.jar in my Landshark Linux source environment to see
    what happens to be able to explain in advance to my customer what he will have to do...

and I received "Unable to identify platform" message.
    Is it normal ? Should I miss something ?

Thanks for your help

#DemoEnvironment

• 2.  RE: Landshark demo : "Unable to identify platform" sent back by hostchecker
    Best Answer

Posted 10-28-2014 03:59:00 PM
    Hey Marie, the target and source run on CentOS, that's why you see the message. I would use the legacy host checker which is already in /u01/app/toolkit on both the Source and Target.

• 3.  RE: Landshark demo : "Unable to identify platform" sent back by hostchecker

Posted 10-28-2014 04:26:00 PM
    Thanks Adam,

I tried to look for a legacy hostchecker in /u01/app/toolkit without success
    but I am not sure about what I am looking for...a perl script hostchecker as it was before ?
    I see only hostchecker.jar files in all the <Delphix_common_xx> directory.
    Which filename should I look for to get legacy host checker in /u01/app/toolkit ?

• 4.  RE: Landshark demo : "Unable to identify platform" sent back by hostchecker
    Best Answer

Posted 10-28-2014 04:30:00 PM
    [delphix@linuxtarget ~]$ ls -la /u01/app/hostchecker/chkHost.pl
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 delphix oinstall 75074 Jul 21 21:50 /u01/app/hostchecker/chkHost.pl

you would execute it as follows:
    /u01/app/hostchecker/chkHost.pl source oracle

• 5.  RE: Landshark demo : "Unable to identify platform" sent back by hostchecker

Posted 10-28-2014 04:35:00 PM
    Thanks a lot Adam.

Marie

• 6.  RE: Landshark demo : "Unable to identify platform" sent back by hostchecker

Posted 10-28-2014 04:35:00 PM
    No problem! Glad to see it getting good use!