Delphix Products

• 1.  Masking XML files

Posted 02-14-2018 08:59:00 AM
    While trying to define a connector for XML file in the Masking Engine, the types available are local and FTP. So, if i choose local, it shows a default path /mnt. Where do i find this path in the delphix masking engine ? I logged in via SSH to the masking engine with sysadmin credentials and yet i didnt find this specific path
    #Masking

• 2.  RE: Masking XML files

Posted 02-14-2018 01:33:00 PM
    Hello Mayank,
                        Local will not work for you, as it is available only inside masking engine.

Please try to use FTP to pull in XML file.

~Thanks
    Jatinder

• 3.  RE: Masking XML files

Posted 02-15-2018 02:59:00 PM
    Thanks Jatinder. Can't we put the file inside the masking engine somehow ? We are still working on a limited capacity env and don't really have a server that supports FTP and can be accessed from the engine.

• 4.  RE: Masking XML files

Posted 02-15-2018 03:02:00 PM
    Unfortunately, you will not be able to get inside of masking engine to place file.

~Thanks
    Jatinder

• 5.  RE: Masking XML files
    Best Answer

Posted 02-15-2018 04:43:00 PM
    Hi Mayank, are you able to use sftp? It needs ssh connectivity. Because you are masking sensitive data, it's more safe to use it rather unsafe ftp. Best Regards Gianpiero

• 6.  RE: Masking XML files
    Best Answer

Posted 02-15-2018 05:23:00 PM
    Hi, One idea is to mount the public directory from the engine copy file into it and do your test. But this is workaround solution and have to go with ftp(s) as stated by Jatinder and Gianpiero. Regards, Mouhssine

• 7.  RE: Masking XML files

Posted 02-20-2018 10:04:00 AM
    Thanks guys !