APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

• 1.  Maximum frequency of automatic replication

Posted 04-20-2016 05:25:00 AM
    Hi everybody,

in the settings of a replication profile what is the maximum frequency (minimum time interval) of automatic replication? In the GUI I've seen 15 minutes as minimum interval. Is it a GUI limitation only? Could I set lower interval through the CLI?

Thank you.
    Gianpiero

• 2.  RE: Maximum frequency of automatic replication
    Best Answer

Posted 04-20-2016 09:39:00 AM
    Hey Gianpero, you can use crontab-style scheduling for anything lower than 15 minutes. In the schedule area, click advanced, then use the space to enter the time you want. For example, this is every 5 minutes:
    */5 * * * *

Here is a great website to show you how to use cron expressions:
    http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/07/cron-every-5-minutes/

• 3.  RE: Maximum frequency of automatic replication

Posted 04-20-2016 12:14:00 PM
    Great! Thank you Adam. Of course I have to use CLI or Web API to send request to start replication, don't I?

And ... do I have to take care of something? For example if the time of the transmission delta will be longer than the interval set into the crontab, what happens? In other words if I send command to start replication while the previous replication is still running, what happens?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Maximum frequency of automatic replication

Posted 04-20-2016 12:19:00 PM
    1. You can use the "replicate now" button in replication to start an ad hoc synchronization, if you wish. Otherwise, replication will begin at the next scheduled time.
    2. The replication job would fail with a "I'm already doing that" error. And would attempt at the next interval.

• 5.  RE: Maximum frequency of automatic replication

• 6.  RE: Maximum frequency of automatic replication

Posted 04-20-2016 03:52:00 PM
    Thank you Adam! I didn't understand. You were talking about the cron string into the advanced option of the Automatic Replication section on the GUI! I didn't know this option. I thought you were talking about external crontab file for launching an external shell script, instead.
    This is a good chance offered by the Delphix Engine. Good to know!
    Thanks again.
    Gianpiero

• 7.  RE: Maximum frequency of automatic replication

Posted 04-20-2016 04:01:00 PM
    Ooops! My fault for not being more clear!