Delphix Products

• 1.  dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:37:00 AM

in virtual box I have created source and target environment(centos 7)...virtualbox after  8-10hours if system is running also its get aborted...the dsource and vdbs created gets unlinked and throws errors..how I can slove this problem

#DemoEnvironment
    #Masking

• 2.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox
    Best Answer

Posted 11-14-2016 10:40:00 AM
    Unfortunately, this is just something going on with VirtualBox or your Computer. I have found Virtualbox to be unreliable, at best. My advice would be to just shutdown your VM's, and reboot your laptop every couple of hours to avoid this issue.

• 3.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:44:00 AM
    if we use VMware instead of virtualbox..can this issue be solved...?

• 4.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:47:00 AM
    while shutting the down the VM's..we need to disable the dsource and VDB's in delphix...?

• 5.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:47:00 AM
    I do not encounter the issues you describe and I sometimes leave my VMware Landshark VM's running for days. That being said, I have never encountered the issues you describe in my VirtualBox environment, but I also hardly ever use it (only for testing new builds). You could have a PC issue or something else. You might try the VMware 30 day free trial to be sure that resolves your issue, before purchasing a license. 

• 6.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:50:00 AM
    I have used VMware for delphix engine..it will be up and running every time..no issue with VMware..but I have used virtualbox for source and target environments..i have that issue with virtualbox

• 7.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:54:00 AM
    I always recommend that, yes.

• 8.  RE: dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

Posted 11-14-2016 10:56:00 AM
    thank you