Delphix Products

• 1.  I changed my VDB Config Template, but when I Refresh my VDB, my changes aren't there. What's happening?

Posted 08-12-2015 06:26:00 PM
    I provisioned my Oracle VDB using a template, and set the SGA to 16 GB.  But I needed to boost this parameter.  I changed the template, but nothing happened.  I even did a VDB Refresh, but it still didn't work!

• 2.  RE: I changed my VDB Config Template, but when I Refresh my VDB, my changes aren't there. What's happening?

Posted 08-12-2015 06:29:00 PM
    When you make change in the template, don't forget to hit the save button. Even if you change the SGA size on template and hit OK button it won't save the value unless you click the save button. Please check your template one more time and make sure you see new SGA value there.

• 3.  RE: I changed my VDB Config Template, but when I Refresh my VDB, my changes aren't there. What's happening?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-12-2015 11:37:00 PM
    As explained in https://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS/Customizing+Oracle+VDB+Configuration+Settings, the default behavior is to use the template parameters for the VDB at provisioning time, and to maintain those settings when you Refresh. 

You can change the default behavior, using the CLI as described in the above link.  You can use a reference to the template, and this will affect the VDB upon subsequent Refreshes.

Another important note: 
    If you don't want to actually modify the template, you can modify the parameter using Oracle ALTER SYSTEM command.  This can change the parameter in memory, in the spfile, or both (just like a Physical DB).   However...these changes are ALWAYS wiped out when you run a Refresh operation, whether you use a template or not.