Delphix Products

• 1.  masking sync

Posted 09-05-2017 08:30:00 AM
    Hi everyone,

Is it possible to sync a masked gold copy (from the unmasked source) as we do with logsync on a normal gold copy ?
    Thanks.

Regards,

Alexandre 

#Masking

• 2.  RE: masking sync
    Best Answer

Posted 09-05-2017 10:18:00 AM
    Alexandre,

I believe you are asking if the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform (DDP) can mask the data on initial link. The DDP can perform masking on an existing database (physical or virtual), or it can mask a new VDB as a part of the provisioning process. Allow me to propose two questions in an effort to completely answer your question.

1) How can I leverage Delphix to ensure production data never leaves production zones when delivering data to non-production (lower security environments)? 

A) Numerous Delphix customers will place a DDP in production where it's only function is to link with the sources and mask data. DDP's outside of production either link to the masked VDB's as sources on the production DDP, or the customers use Selective Data Distribution to replicate from Production to the other zones. More information about Selective Data Distribution here: https://docs.delphix.com/docs/data-backup-and-recovery-solutions/selective-data-distribution/selecti...

2) How can I have data masked in advance so that I don't have to wait for masking jobs to be completed every time I want to provision or refresh a VDB?

A) Our customers achieve this capability by setting up a "Masked Master" VDB in their DDP. This VDB is setup to be a "gold masked copy" of an unmasked database that is a linked DDP source. Its sole function is to be refreshed on a schedule (usually daily or weekly), creating a catalog of gold masked copies from which other VDB's can be provisioned or refreshed. This way those VDB's all originate from masked data.

I hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: masking sync

Posted 09-05-2017 01:17:00 PM
    Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for your long explanation. It's help a lot.

Alexandre

• 4.  RE: masking sync

Posted 09-05-2017 01:20:00 PM
    My pleasure. We take pride in ensuring our customers have the best experience.