APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

• 1.  API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 02-27-2018 10:14:00 AM
    Hi All,

Just want to know any API is available for V2P provision or we can do it only through the CLI mode.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Swathy

• 2.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 02-27-2018 10:49:00 AM
    Hi Swathy, 

Yes, you can via a call to this webservice "POST /resources/json/delphix/database/export"

Please cf. for more information "https://docs.delphix.com/docs/reference/web-service-api-guide/gui-api-mapping

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 3.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource
    Best Answer

Posted 02-27-2018 10:53:00 AM
    Hi Swathy,
    You should be able to use the API for this.
    Check the opensource dxToolkit available here for some examples. https://github.com/delphix/dxtoolkit/
    Regards,
    Gary

• 4.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 02-28-2018 06:18:00 AM
    Hi All,

While i am trying to execute the code through the CLI mode where i am giving my directory path as the 

set filesystemLayout.targetDirectory=/tmp/V2P_db

i am getting error stating as :Connection to host "10.130.25.138" is temporarily lost during export of "oracle_1".    Connection to host "10.130.25.138" is closed during export of "oracle_1".
        DB_EXPORT job for "unknown" suspended due to recoverable error: "Could not create directory "/tmp/datafiles/ORACLE_1/onlinelog" on the remote host "10.130.25.138".".
      Action: Address the error condition and then resume the job to continue execution.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Swathy

• 5.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 02-28-2018 06:46:00 AM
    Hi Swathy, Please ensure that your delphix user have all required permission on the export directory (rwx) Regards, Mouhssine

• 6.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 06-14-2018 08:35:00 AM
    Can u please provide request and response json?

• 7.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 06-14-2018 08:37:00 AM
    Hi Gary, Github is not accessible here. Can u please provide request and response json?

• 8.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 06-14-2018 11:06:00 AM
    Hi Anshul,
    I don't have anything to hand, though I have made a request internally.
    Best thing for you to do would be to log into the CLI using delphix_admin and then turn on the options for JSON format and tracing.  Run the V2P commands from the CLI and these two options should give you all the JSON you will need to build the commands yourself.
    setopt trace=true       <-- Should give you the request.
    setopt format=json    <-- Should give you the response.

Details for setopt here">https://docs.delphix.com/docs/reference/web-service-api-guide/cli-to-web-services-transition#">here.  It's described as CLI to Web Services Transition.
    Details for V2P in the CLI here.

Good luck and let me know how you got on.  If I get hold of the JSON in the meatime I'll forward to you.

Regards,
    Gary

• 9.  RE: API for V2P for oracle dsource

Posted 06-14-2018 06:06:00 PM
    I’ve been kindly supplied this snippet also: sean5240.dc4 database export *> commit === POST /resources/json/delphix/database/export === { "type": "OracleExportParameters", "timeflowPointParameters": { "type": "TimeflowPointSemantic", "container": "ORACLE_DB_CONTAINER-5" }, "sourceConfig": { "type": "OracleSIConfig", "repository": "ORACLE_INSTALL-4", "databaseName": "v2ptest", "uniqueName": "v2ptest", "instance": { "type": "OracleInstance", "instanceNumber": 1, "instanceName": "v2ptest" } }, "filesystemLayout": { "type": "TimeflowFilesystemLayout", "targetDirectory": "/mnt/provision/v2ptest/", "dataDirectory": "/mnt/provision/v2ptest/data", "archiveDirectory": "/mnt/provision/v2ptest/archive", "externalDirectory": "/mnt/provision/v2ptest/external", "tempDirectory": "/mnt/provision/v2ptest/temp", "scriptDirectory": "/mnt/provision/v2ptest/script" } }