Delphix Products

• 1.  Where is the output to stdout/stderr from hook operations (bash) captured?

Posted 08-02-2018 10:31:00 AM
    Hi all,
    I'm new to cutomizing the provisioning of VDBs with hooks. Using bash type hooks, where can I find test that was beeing sent to stdout or stderr?
    Thanks in advance!

#Virtualization
    #OracleEBS

• 2.  RE: Where is the output to stdout/stderr from hook operations (bash) captured?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-02-2018 10:48:00 AM
    Hi Hauke, Best practice is to write your bash script outside of Delphix and locate it on the target server. You then call the script from within the hook. The benefit with this method is you have complete control over input and output and ensure logging and debugging is exactly how you want it. Delphix provide a bunch of variables you can use too. I've written a SQL Server blog post that mentions the variables (although it is a little out of date now but useful nonetheless) but the same applies to Linux based systems. https://thedatalobby.kuzodata.com/delphix-sql-server-hooks/

• 3.  RE: Where is the output to stdout/stderr from hook operations (bash) captured?

Posted 08-02-2018 11:49:00 AM
    Hi Matt, thank you for your information. When the target is a Oracle Rac, on which node will the execution be done? Thanks Regards Gianpiero

• 4.  RE: Where is the output to stdout/stderr from hook operations (bash) captured?

Posted 08-02-2018 12:04:00 PM
    Hi Matt, thanks fore the quick reply, this got me started well enough.

• 5.  RE: Where is the output to stdout/stderr from hook operations (bash) captured?

Posted 08-02-2018 12:06:00 PM