Delphix Products

• 1.  Parameters for refreshing via CLI

Posted 05-11-2016 09:19:00 PM
    I'm trying to refresh a database through the CLI. I can choose two different parameters for timeflowPointParameters.location: LATEST_POINT and LATEST_SNAPSHOT. What do these mean?

• 2.  RE: Parameters for refreshing via CLI

Posted 05-11-2016 09:57:00 PM
    Hi Thom,

The value set for timeflowPiontParameters.location will set the archive logs applied to the refresh.
    • LATEST_POINT: Archive logs will be applied.
    • LATEST_SNAPSHOT: Only archive logs arrived during the Inc Level 1 will be applied.
    I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Srish

• 3.  RE: Parameters for refreshing via CLI
    Best Answer

Posted 05-11-2016 10:06:00 PM
    Thom,

Just as important here is the "timeflowPointParameters.type", which I'm guessing is at the default value of "TimeflowPointSemantic", based on the two "location" options of LATEST_POINT and LATEST_SNAPSHOT?

LATEST_POINT is the most recent point-in-time within the timeflow, so the refresh will start at the most recent snapshot for the source, then roll-forward to the most recent point-in-time using Oracle redo log files.

LATEST_SNAPSHOT is the most recent snapshot for the source, so the refresh will end at the time of the snapshot.

If you change "type" to one of the other available values (visible when you use the TAB key), such as "TimeflowPointBookmark", "TimeflowPointBookmarkTag", "TimeflowPointLocation", "TimeflowPointSnapshot", or "TimeflowPointTimestamp", then you'll see the other fields within that data structure change.

Hope this helps?