Delphix Products

• 1.  Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine

Posted 10-05-2016 09:42:00 PM
    Is there anyone who worked on this issue ? Please tell me the steps in shortly because I already did but it is not working via DE. I wanna cross check
    #Masking
    #DemoEnvironment
    #Reporting

• 2.  RE: Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine
    Best Answer

Posted 10-05-2016 09:55:00 PM
    Hi Cihan,
    Can you describe the issue that you are having? Did you check the Masking">https://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS50/Delphix+Masking+Quick+Start+Guide+-+An+Overview">Masking Quickstart Guide to get started? Masking is a paid feature so you need to also make sure that is enabled. 

• 3.  RE: Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine

Posted 10-06-2016 05:36:00 AM
    Hi Jaclyn Thank you for your interest and response. First of all I am doing PoC and got this environment ova from delphix. You know the procedures :).. I read all these documents and also check your doc too if I missed but all docs are same :) just some sentences are different Here is what I did ; I provisioned two VDB ( one is for validation ) I created application, connector ( to this vdb and database name ) , ruleset, algorithm and assign this algortihm in inventory and also created masking job. I can mask data from masking engine gui btw. My real pain ; I cant run this masking job from DE gui even I associate it to the dsource on the card of dsource, masking section. After I assoiciate it to VDB I refresh this vdb to trigger that masking job and also I tried provision the vdb to another with masking job. Note : I didnt understand the way exactly but I also associate that masking job in the same way to dsource. And this time when I provision dsource It gives error " hook operations doesnt work for dsource ... " something like this Please confirm the way first if u have any idea and then we can go troubleshooting Thanks in advance

• 4.  RE: Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine

Posted 10-06-2016 09:14:00 AM
    Hi Cihan,
    I have asked someone to call you to review the issues and we will post the resolution here.
    Thanks,
    Gary

• 5.  RE: Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine

Posted 10-07-2016 10:17:00 AM
    Hi Cihan,
    As you discovered in another community conversation, Hook operations need to be enabled for MSSQL to allow the integrated masking function to work on MSSQL VDBs.  We have organised for this to be enabled for you and I will check with our documentation team to make this point clearer for other users.  I'm sorry that this feature has slowed down your progress.
    Regards,
    Gary

• 6.  RE: Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine

Posted 10-07-2016 11:30:00 AM

Hi Gary

One more thing I realized from your comment. Is it also possible for dsources, isn't it ?

• 7.  RE: Provision with Masking Job via Delphix Engine

Posted 10-12-2016 07:14:00 PM
    This is resolved after enable hook operations by delphix. As a result of this.

We can associate masking job to dsource or VDB and then we created masked VDB ( M icon is appeared ) with a masking job. If anyone need further information after enabled hook operation. Please dont hesitate to ask me.