Delphix Products

• 1.  To get a VDB status on the Delphix engine as report

Posted 03-12-2019 12:56:00 PM
    Any way we can get the report to our mails listing the details of Engine Name, VD, Target server and the status UP/Down?
    #Virtualization

• 2.  RE: To get a VDB status on the Delphix engine as report

Posted 03-12-2019 01:03:00 PM

Hi Anusha,

You can relie on delphix API, dxtoolkit or delphixpy and pipe out the output to your email.

Dxoolkit and delphixpy have their own format for the output, you will have more flexible way for the format and content writing your own call API.

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 3.  RE: To get a VDB status on the Delphix engine as report
    Best Answer

Posted 03-12-2019 02:23:00 PM
    Hi Anusha,

Personally, I would find a UNIX/Linux server with network access to all your Delphix engines, and use the CRON utility as a scheduler to periodically run a shell-script created to run the "dx_get_appliance" command from DxToolkit, then send the output to a list of email addresses using the standard UNIX/Linux "mailx" command.

You can download compiled distributions of DxToolkit for your OS platform (i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc) from HERE, or download the Perl source from the same webpage and run the Perl scripts directly.  Please review the documentation page HERE for information on download and setup.

Once DxToolkit is setup locally in your network, all manner of automation (such as scripting your current request) becomes much easier.

Hope this helps,

-Tim

• 4.  RE: To get a VDB status on the Delphix engine as report

Posted 04-15-2019 11:07:00 AM

We don't have the pre-requisites met as per the DxToolKit.

Could you please let me know if the below is correct to get the runtime status

function getruntime
    {

result=$(curl -s -X POST -k https://${engine}/resources/json/delphix/source/
        -b ~/cookies.txt -H "Content-Type: application/json")
        list display=name,runtime.status -- Change

}