APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

• 1.  How to create a VDB via REST API. do i need to create a template and container before creating vDB via REST API

Posted 04-11-2016 04:04:00 AM
    How to create a VDB via REST API. do i need to create a template and container before creating vDB via REST API

• 2.  RE: How to create a VDB via REST API. do i need to create a template and container before creating vDB via REST API
    Best Answer

Posted 04-11-2016 04:17:00 AM
    KJM,

You do not need to create a JetStream template and container before creating a VDB.  In fact, you actually need to create a VDB before encapsulating it within a JetStream template or container.

Here is an API "cookbook" example from the Delphix documentation site describing how to provision an Oracle VDB.

Hope this helps!

-Tim

• 3.  RE: How to create a VDB via REST API. do i need to create a template and container before creating vDB via REST API

Posted 04-11-2016 05:53:00 AM
    Thanks Tim .. 

Please let me know more about Provision Vdb through REST API. As we need inputs  the following tags to be passed in  the request.

===================
    {    "container": {
            "group": "GROUP-2",
            "name": "EGVDB",
            "type": "OracleDatabaseContainer"
        },
        "source": {
            "type": "OracleVirtualSource",
            "mountBase": "/mnt/provision"
        },
        "sourceConfig": {
            "type": "OracleSIConfig",
            "databaseName": "EGVDB",
            "uniqueName": "EGVDB",
            "repository": "ORACLE_INSTALL-3",
            "instance": {
                "type": "OracleInstance",
                "instanceName": "EGVDB",
                "instanceNumber": 1
            }
        },
        "timeflowPointParameters": {
            "type": "TimeflowPointLocation",
            "timeflow": "ORACLE_TIMEFLOW-123",
            "location": "3043123"
        },
        "type": "OracleProvisionParameters"
    }
    EOF
    ================================================

• 4.  RE: How to create a VDB via REST API. do i need to create a template and container before creating vDB via REST API

Posted 04-11-2016 10:55:00 AM
    Check out the API documentation which actually tells you about the numerous objects and what their importance is. I would post it here, but there is an awful lot of information. You can get to the API documentation by going to http://<IP of delphix engine>/api
    Here is an example from the page on Source:

Sources represent external database instances outside the Delphix system. These can be linked sources (which pull data into Delphix from pre-existing databases) or virtual sources, which export data from Delphix to arbitrary targets.

Sources are attached to Container">http://192.168.2.235/api/#Container">Container (database) objects, which hold the actual data for the source. Every source has a SourceConfig object associated with it, though not all source configs have associated sources. The source config tracks information that is intrinsic to the external database, independent of whether it is incorporated into the Delphix system is any way. Both linked and virtual sources share the same config for a particular database type (though it may differ, for example, between Oracle single instance and RAC). Source configs without a source exist for externally-controlled (link-capable) databases, while source configs for virtual sources are created as needed and managed by Delphix. The hierarchy of objects is:

Sources can have SourceRuntime properties that are not stored with the persistent representation of the object, but pulled on demand from the running database instance. These runtime properties therefore may not always be available, and cannot be manipulated via Delphix.

TypedObject PersistentObject UserObject Source

Direct Known Subclasses:PgSQLSourceOracleSourceMySQLSource">http://192.168.2.235/api/#MySQLSource">MySQLSourceMSSqlSourceASESourceAppDataSource">http://192.168.2.235/api/#AppDataSource">AppDataSource