Delphix Products

• 1.  Question from a partner: Limitations on new masking algorithms

Posted 02-28-2018 12:44:00 AM
    Can we create customized lookup lists for secure lookup, and are there limits on the size of the lookup list?

• 2.  RE: Question from a partner: Limitations on new masking algorithms
    Best Answer

Posted 02-28-2018 12:48:00 AM
    The documented steps to do this are in the online and downloadable Delphix documentation for the masking engine.

To find this documentation, go to docs.delphix.com, then click on Masking, then click on either Delphix Masking Documentation in HTML or in downloadable PDF format.

In either display format, open the Delphix Masking Admin Guide.  Within that document, find the section on Managing Algorithm Settings, and then find the section about Adding New Masking Engine Algorithms.  This will include instructions on how to create a new custom algorithm, and how to upload your own customized "lookup file" for that algorithm.

I don't know if there are any limits on the size(i.e. KB, MB, GB, etc) or any limits on the number of entries (i.e. hundreds of lines, thousands of lines, millions of lines, etc) of a custom "lookup file".  Hopefully someone else in the community can share their knowledge on limits?

Please let me know if this helps?

Thanks!

-Tim

• 3.  RE: Question from a partner: Limitations on new masking algorithms

Posted 02-28-2018 04:57:00 AM
    Hi Tim,
    I'd suggest less than a milllion entries for a Secure Lookup.  I've seen as much as 5 million, but this challenges the amount of memory needed and also means that the masking job will take an age to begin masking.  SL is one of the quickest algorithms though.
    I notice that there's a couple of members of the community starting to post their lookup tables in github: https://github.com/smouhssine/DELPHIX_MASKING_ALGOS.
    Regards,
    Gary

• 4.  RE: Question from a partner: Limitations on new masking algorithms

Posted 02-28-2018 05:23:00 AM
    Hi all, You have just to take care that you will be reading all your lookup file entities into masking memory at algorithm call. Set adequately the job(s) memory in accordance to that. Regards, Mouhssine