Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Can I use replicated dSource without doing failover?

Posted 06-04-2019 08:17:00 AM
    I thought I could create a VDB from a replicated dSource without failover, but I could not use dSoure without failover. 
    Is there any way to use a replicated dSource that is always synchronized with the source?

#Virtualization

• 2.  RE: Can I use replicated dSource without doing failover?
    Best Answer

Posted 06-04-2019 08:39:00 AM
    Hi Koichi, You can provisio.n from replica without failover Please check this doc https://docs.delphix.com/docs/data-backup-and-recovery-solutions/replication/provisioning-from-replicated-data-sources-or-vdbs You have to select the replica name instead of default one from dataset view. Regards, Mouhssine

• 3.  RE: Can I use replicated dSource without doing failover?
    Best Answer

Posted 06-04-2019 09:47:00 AM
    Hello Koichi, As Mouhssinse mentioned, you can create VDBs from replicated dSource without failover, and keep your replicated dSource in sync with primary dSource with replication frequency. You can’t directly keep replicated dSource in sync with source, unless you create same dSource on replicated engine directly from source database ( as you did for existing dSource). Hope that helps. Thanks Jatinder

• 4.  RE: Can I use replicated dSource without doing failover?

Posted 06-04-2019 11:08:00 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your answers!
    I will try it.

Regards,

Koichi

• 5.  RE: Can I use replicated dSource without doing failover?

Posted 06-04-2019 11:36:00 PM
    I was able to provision from the replicated dSource. Thank you for the advice.